Gx85 floating iso in M mode?

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
As I perused another website, someone seemed to assert that with the gx85 this was possible. In the camera itself, I don't see this option. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
What I would like to be able to do is set the aperture and shutter speed while the camera chooses the iso value. My old Pentax k3 had this feature. Is this something that's possible on any Oly or Panny cameras? If so, which? Also, how do you enable this feature?

As I perused another website, someone seemed to assert that with the gx85 this was possible. In the camera itself, I don't see this option. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
What I would like to be able to do is set the aperture and shutter speed while the camera chooses the iso value. My old Pentax k3 had this feature. Is this something that's possible on any Oly or Panny cameras? If so, which? Also, how do you enable this feature?
Will this page help

How to set the Light Sensitivity (ISO). - DMC-GX85 - Panasonic Canada

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the replies. I have a better understanding now.
The Tav mode on Pentax cameras was always very convenient. Here, it's implemented a little differently.
Thanks again

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
The GX9 and G9 on the Panasonic side introduced the ability to also use exposure comp in manual mode with auto ISO. The E-M1mkII also has the feature, I don't know if the Pen F does and can't remember if the E-M5 mkII did or not.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom