GX85 Error Code mystery

WaltP

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Colorado, USA, Terra, Sol, W. Milky Way, 80905
Looking at a GX85 I got at auction. I have a return period so I am looking for a quick answer.

After using the camera gently for about 10 days, it has 8 error codes shown in the Service Menu:

4 Error Codes reported from the MSHUT (mechanical shutter) unit are mysteriously not in the Service manual. Error code is: 3E000201. Does anyone know what this code means? I got it twice yesterday and twice about a week ago.

2 Write errors reported from the SD CARD unit. I have replaced the card.

2 LENS COMM errors. When a lens is not completely mounted does it generate an error code while it tells you to fully mount the lens?

Does this sound out of line. Camera had 537 shutter actuations when I received it. It now has 1600 as I have been trying it out. I want to make sure I do my due diligence well before the "no questions" return period expires.

Anyone know how bad these codes are for a GX85?

TIA, Walt

WaltP

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Colorado, USA, Terra, Sol, W. Milky Way, 80905
Send it back. You no longer have a camera; you have a rat's nest.
Why do you say that? You are using your camera and it has way more than 8 error codes in its log. Do you know what the undocumented code is about? Low battery voltage? Are the LENS COMM codes from removing the lens while the camera is still turned on (one friend suggested that as a probable cause.
Why are you saying it's a rat's nest? Please clarify. Thanks.

rumplestiltskin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Why do you say that? You are using your camera and it has way more than 8 error codes in its log. Do you know what the undocumented code is about? Low battery voltage? Are the LENS COMM codes from removing the lens while the camera is still turned on (one friend suggested that as a probable cause.
Why are you saying it's a rat's nest? Please clarify. Thanks.
I must apologize as I completely mis-read your post and thought the camera was spontaneously throwing up errors rather than you digging into the menu system to find them. I have never done that on my GX85 (but probably should know how to do so - unless I'm just going to get anxious when I view the log?)
I have deleted my post but wanted to respond to you with this mea culpa.

Latest threads

Top Bottom