GX85 - Body only in the US?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by davidzvi, May 11, 2016.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    With Precision Cameras' video review posted this morning on 43Rumors I decided to take a look and see if they (like Best Buy) had any in stock. Sadly no.

But they do have a preorder option for body only. And it seems they are not alone. So far I've found the listing on:

Precision Camera

They are only listing it $100 lower, but for those of us that already have the 12-32 I'd rather buy it without the lens and with a body cap. Sure beats have two copies or breaking up the kit or my GM5 kit.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. deacon

deacon Mu-43 Regular

Jul 7, 2015
    Matt Deacon
    Looks like black is the only option when getting it body only. Bummer, my 12-32 is silver from my GM1 kit.
  3. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    For $100, get the 12-32, even if you already have one. It's such a great lens, $100 for a backup seems quite reasonable. Of course, I'm on my 3rd copy since I'm really rough on my everyday cam.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Body only would be nice since I'm considering getting a second...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    I've been wishing for a body only option. No need for two 12-32s.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  6. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    If you want to order from Canada, the Camera Store seems to sell it body only.

Panasonic DMC-GX85 Body

If you don't mind the modest hassle of selling a lens, you can just dump it on eBay for $100 + Shipping with Buy it Now and it will sell instantaneously. Kit take-off prices for that lens are currently trending at ~$150 USD. It's a pain, but the kit price is much better than a body-only price would be.
  7. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    I'm not saying it's not a reasonable price or that it would be to hard to sell one off to cover the $100 difference. It's just I thought they weren't going to sell body only in the US.
    • Like Like x 1