GX85 + 12-32 + 45-150 = $497

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
Agree with above. An especially good deal for somebody new to m4/3.

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
Still a GREAT buy for m43. Keep an eye out for Samy's Camera in L.A. I picked up one of their "lightly used" ones for a friend this summer. 2-lens kit just over $400, came with shutter at 482 actuations. Perfect in every way. She's very happy with it.
When that happens, I like to check ebay. Often there is someone reputable, but a bit dehind or deliberately bucking the trend.

Well to combine both your suggestions, Samy's has an open box kit for $480:
Panasonic GX85 Micro 4/3s Digital Camera w/12-32mm & 45-150mm - Black (Open Box 885170338524 | eBay

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That is a really good deal. If only Panasonic could get this a bit more mainstreamed. Great starter kit.

cnyap

Mu-43 Regular
Saw a seller on Amazon yesterday for $500 (GX85 2 lens kit) but it was a 3rd party (but I've seen the seller before).

amp

Mu-43 Veteran
Saw this as well. Is there any reason not to get this? I was holding out for a deeper discounted gx9, but this seems too good to pass up. I've got an Oly em10ii, so I'm assuming it's mostly a sideways move besides the video.

WaltP

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Colorado, USA, Terra, Sol, W. Milky Way, 80905
Saw this as well. Is there any reason not to get this? I was holding out for a deeper discounted gx9, but this seems too good to pass up. I've got an Oly em10ii, so I'm assuming it's mostly a sideways move besides the video.
No reason not to grab this deal, unless you simply MUST have the latest thing. This is mostly a sideways move from the E-M10.2, but the 1080 video is mushy, and the 4K Photo modes are really useful in some situations. And you need to want the rangefinder style.

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend

Gx9 has the tilty viewfinder and 20MP sensor, but otherwise nearly identical. The GX9 20MP sensor doesn't provide much in terms of real world benefit IMO.

IQ-wise, not a lot of benefits over an E-M10, either, but this adds dual IS and 4K video.

InlawBiker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Greg

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless you want the Panasonic features. I had a GX7 in the past and now use E-M10.2. The viewfinder is so much better on the Olympus I would not switch back to any GX body. That said, the GX9 has all the latest tech and 20mp sensor if you are OK with the VF.

Greg.

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
This deal can be found on ebay, meaning that people who can figure out today's ebay app 15% off coupon could get the set for $425. See 15% off at Ebay up to $100, must use Ebay app about the coupon, run a search on ebay for "GX85 12-32mm 45-150mm" (and use the app).

I must say, I am very happy that I'm not feeling major GAS.

Edited: I had bad math. This deal is better than I originally posted.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom