1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX80 with black lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Danny_SWE, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Today's pleasant problem.

The GX80 in silver/brown is kinda gorgeous I think. But the problem is the lenses in black and in particular the 12-35/2.8. It really is a bad match colorwise, what do you think? The black lenses looks a little odd on a silver/brown body. The silver/black is much better, and of course the all black.

But I think the silver/black would be the best choice, it matches all lenses good. And the silver on it looks a little darker also? Or is it just imagination? It looks more like titanium-color more than plain silver?

Here is a sort of mock-up I did quickly (the size of the lens might be wrong!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think silver/black is the best bet if you are concerned with that sort of thing. I have a GX7 in that color scheme and it looks good with anything I throw on it (except the older "purple" Panasonic lenses, nothing looks good with those!)

If you mainly have newer silver lenses, though, I think the brown is a great looking camera.

3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    If the top plate is indeed a plastic, then I would prefer all black myself. I don't care for silver plastic, never have.

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My GX7 is plastic on top, so I would be shocked if the GX80 was metal.

5. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    I've read that it is plastic but good feeling anyway.

I wonder about the color though. You guys that have held it, is the silver more dark silver than the brown one which seems pale silver?

(In my opinion. I prefer plastic as long as it feels good)

6. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Yes I have like 7 black lenses, two silver lenses and the Purple Rain 12-35 (and are thinking of the 35-100/2.8 maybe). And I might replace one of the silver with a new Panny black.

So... I have actually changed my preorder now to the silver version! It feels much better. I also saw the 12-32's front is black on the silver version. The more I think the better it feels with the change. And luckily they said my line in queue remained because no one else had pre-ordered from that store :)

7. Max111

Max111 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    ok, they sure know how to confuse us! :) thanks for clarifying

9. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    According to reviews I've read as well as handling the GX7 in shops, it's actually magnesium alloy, which is quite lightweight.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    All black is my preference for bodies and glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    The feel is a bit misleading since the top of the camera also has a plastic hotshoe cover and a the flash is made of plastic. Despite the magnesium alloy top plate, this makes it easier to mistake the entire top of the camera as being plastic.

12. osibk

osibk New to Mu-43

Apr 14, 2016
    I Iike the most brown/silver body with silver lences.
    https://gzhls.at/p/1420443.jpg

But I will probably go for black/silver with black lenses. I guess it is easier to sell afterwards. Not everybody likes silver lences or they do not simply go on black body

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Now I can show some real photos :) I let the picture speak for itself...

_5200398-Edit.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  14. Jai2yeux

Jai2yeux New to Mu-43

May 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2