1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX80 in the UK on 08/05/16 in stores within days

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Robstar1963, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Spoke to a rep at the LCE Pro Camera Show in Southampton this morning whilst handling the GX80 for the first time and asked about delivery
    He confirmed that the GX80 would be arriving at the Panasonic warehouse on 08/05/16 and would be allocated and shipped out to stores within days of their arrival
    With regard to the GX80 I was very impressed with the feel and apparent build quality
    I have noticed several people questioning Panasonic's decision to use plastics in the construction
    I like many others found the feel of the G7 to be very light and lacking in weight
    Unlike the G7 the GX80 has a very solid feel with a very nice weight to it very much like the feel of the OMD cameras
    I can guarantee (in my humble opinion of course) that no one will be disappointed with the apparent feeling of build quality and weight of this model - very impressed
    The shutter is very quiet and hugely improved over the very mechanical sounding GX8 and G7 shutters.
    This suggests that mechanical shock will be greatly reduced and would seem to support Panasonic's assertion that 'shutter shock' has been reduced by 90% on this model - just hope that the shutter triggering by electromagnets turns out to be reliable - no reason to suspect otherwise - time will tell
    Regards
    Rob

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Apparently stock did arrive as predicted and order shipping commenced in the UK this week
    Anyone had notification of their order being shipped here in the UK ?
    Regards
    Rob

3. SRix

SRix New to Mu-43

May 10, 2016
    Still waiting here, I have a preorder with Jessops for the black with the standard kit lens.

I am keeping a close watch though across all the major retailers, no sign yet. Fingers crossed, might even have the camera in my hands by Friday.. maybe. :)