1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX80 / GX85 focus points always moving

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bengtb, Jun 26, 2016.

1. bengtb

bengtb Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    I have a problem with the focus point moving between shots. Which ever focus type I use it always moves to the point that the camera chooses.

I want in the middle, small, and always in the middle. Is there a solution that I have not noticed?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Are you in single point mode? Is your touch screen at the correct setting (Nose changing AF point?)

3. bengtb

bengtb Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    No, my nose changing the focus is not what I'm talking about. That's my fault for having a too large a nose...

4. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    What AF mode are you shooting in? 1-Area? AFS/AFF focus settings?
    So, for the problem with accidentally moving the focus point by touching the screen, I turned off the touch function of the screen and then assigned one of the function buttons to "Focus Area Set".

5. bengtb

bengtb Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    I just cannot find a way to get the focus point to stay in the middle. I have tried several setting, but nothing works for me.

If there is no way to lock the focus point, is there a way to turn the touch screen off, so that I don't accidentally move the focus point with my nose or fingers?

Thanks again!

6. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Yes, in fact you can turn off just the touch to focus part in the menu, look for touch screen option. I leave a hot key set to the focus point incase I want to change it fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

7. bahamot

bahamot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2015
    Turn off the 'pad AF' option on touch screen options.

• Like Like x 1