GX80/85 Looking Great vs Sony a6300 and BMPCC

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Lobbamobba, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Did some side by side and I must say, Im impressed by the Panasonic, not only for because of the IBIS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. BrotherMac

BrotherMac New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2016
    Great comparison, the lumix is looking real good, especially considering the price difference, so good in fact I just bought me one! Your Youtube channel is awesome by the way, love the voice and your style.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The GX80/85's IBIS looks to be very good for stabilizing the jitters caused by walking. I was surprised at the amount of noise present in the BMPCC shots, and the purple tint in the a6300 shots.

It's a shame that Panasonic didn't include a mic input and a Cinelike color profile, but they are most certainly holding features like those back for the GH5. The GH5 is shaping up to be one hell of a camera, provided it incorporates the IBIS from this camera, and can do 4K at 50/60fps and 1080p at 120fps.
  4. svenkarma

svenkarma Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    mark evans
    That was more striking a difference than I was expecting to see.
  5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Agreed - one of the strongest arguments for the GX85 is how many improved functions it has over previous Pannys. Add back in the few top-shelf features it lacks and boy oh boy that's a sweet camera.
  6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer