GX80/85 Looking Great vs Sony a6300 and BMPCC

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Lobbamobba, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Did some side by side and I must say, Im impressed by the Panasonic, not only for because of the IBIS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. BrotherMac

BrotherMac New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2016
    Great comparison, the lumix is looking real good, especially considering the price difference, so good in fact I just bought me one! Your Youtube channel is awesome by the way, love the voice and your style.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    The GX80/85's IBIS looks to be very good for stabilizing the jitters caused by walking. I was surprised at the amount of noise present in the BMPCC shots, and the purple tint in the a6300 shots.

It's a shame that Panasonic didn't include a mic input and a Cinelike color profile, but they are most certainly holding features like those back for the GH5. The GH5 is shaping up to be one hell of a camera, provided it incorporates the IBIS from this camera, and can do 4K at 50/60fps and 1080p at 120fps.

4. svenkarma

svenkarma Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    mark evans
    That was more striking a difference than I was expecting to see.

5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Agreed - one of the strongest arguments for the GX85 is how many improved functions it has over previous Pannys. Add back in the few top-shelf features it lacks and boy oh boy that's a sweet camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.