1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX8 TTL Primer

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Lew, Aug 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    I use the batteryless DMW-FL70-K on my gx8 and it works fine. I'm trying to add some more powerful pop to my work so I tried a Meike MK-300 in TTL mode. The flash just fires at maximum power and blows everything out. I can't believe there's any communication going on between the camera and the flash. I admit I'm new to this TTL stuff, but what's going on?

2. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    I could be wrong but do you need the MK-320,i just bought it and it does TTL on my GX-8.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    The MK-300 has a ttl mode also, but what do the series of numbers at the bottom of the display mean?

4. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Not familiar with the MK-300, but where was it stated that it is compatible with your camera. Generally Olympus and Panasonic share the same flash TTL compatibility. Flash units, say those for Canon or Nikon, will generally not work in TTL mode.

5. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    On the cover of the instruction manual.

6. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Finally got round to testing off camera TTL flash with the cheap off camera cable and Miek 320 gun,the DOF is a bit shallow,the edges of the tape curl towards the camera and are out of focus,using a sigma 105mm via dumb adapter.
    P1070252.