1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gx8 Peaking

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by D7k1, Feb 15, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Anyone get peaking to work with adapted lens? If so how?

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Yes, I dunno. The peaking isn't very noticeable unless there are some high contrast edges. The EVF is very good and I've had more success with my AI Nikkors than any other body.

3. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Yep -very hard to see-, think I'll sell my only adapted lens (Tamron 90) and get the Oly Macro.

4. Bruce McL

Bruce McL Mu-43 Veteran

I have played with this on my GM5. It seems to work OK. It looks like the GX8 is similar. From the GX8 user guide, make sure Focus Detect is on Low, not High. Dark Blue works pretty well as a highlight color. For maximum visibility, set the color to red and then turn on monochrome live view.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 12.45.41 PM.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    I've found that m43 lenses when used in manual focus show much brighter peaking than adapted lenses. I will try low with the Tamron and see how that works. Will report back here.

6. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    I have the Four Thirds Oly 35mm/3.5 macro on a Panny OEM adapter and the peaking in my GX8 works ok both in MF and in MF-Assist. The fringing is maybe not as prominent as it is with other lenses but I can't say whether that is the fault of the body. This is with the peaking detect level set to "High."

7. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Low made no difference with the Tamron.

8. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I definitely find that peaking effectiveness varies from lens to lens. Newer lenses tend to be more contrasty than old ones, which undoubtedly helps the peaking work. Not to mention having lenses that are sharp wide open.