GX8 painful button placing

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by huepic, Oct 2, 2015.

1. huepic

huepic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    Hi,
    Used the new GX8 a few times now & although great image quality I find the right side rear buttons a real pain. Is there any way I can disable the keys/buttons so they can't be accidentally activated everytime I pick up the camera ?
    I recall reading somewhere that one of the Fn buttons can possibly be configurated to that effect.
    I found it particularly bad when the neck strap falls between the palm of the right hand & the camera & sends all settings into a wild spin. Also, to access the menu I have to press play first.
    How do I reset that annoying thing ?
    Thanks for any advise.

2. poopstick

poopstick Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2013
    Burlington Ontario
    By default, one of the function buttons disables the cursor buttons. You can add that feature to any function button.
    I have no idea what you're talking about with pressing play before being able to access the menu.

3. huepic

huepic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    hi poopstick
    thanks for the reply,
    When I press menu absolutely nothing happens. When I press playback & then menu , the menu comes up. I assume the settings/functions somehow reconfigured when the neckstrap pressed against the buttons.
    regards

4. poopstick

poopstick Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2013
    Burlington Ontario
    Well, ironically, turning the cursor lock on will have that affect. I can't think of anything else.

5. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Sounds like the first thing you need to do is to look up in the manual how to do a factory reset of all customizations. Start from ground zero. Who know what all has been unintentionally changed already.

6. huepic

huepic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    Thanks to all your input on this I managed to change the how the show works. I assigned the cursor lock to the Fn 13 button.
    cheers all for saving me days of reading the manual.

7. poopstick

poopstick Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2013
    Burlington Ontario
    I would still recommend reading the entire manual, and taking the time to understand every single feature. It's worth it in the long run.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.