GX8, no stabilization menu

kowalikus

New to Mu-43
Hi,

I've rarely use my GX8 for video. But now I want to make some video and I'm struggled with best possible settings with that camera.

My problem is IBIS in video. I know that GX8 can't use IBIS with 4K. But Can somebody explain me which combination give me non jerky videoshots?

Video ModeType of lensWhich sytem of stabilization should works?
4K 30pNo OISNone
4K 30pWith OISLens OIS?
FHD 60pNo OISBody only
FHD 60pWith OISDUAL IS
FHD 30pNo OISBody only
FHD 30pWith OISDUAL IS

Is it correct?

But in my camera I can't get stabilized shots FHD 60p or FHD 30p with my Leica 25 1.4 Prime or Olympus 17 1.8.
There are no options such E-stabilisation in menu.

I want to add that I've made conversion from PAL to NTSC Video mode to get 30p FPS shots.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
As long as you don't go walking about, but are standing still instead, you can get away with shooting 4K with the GX8 without much notice of any shake. If you have the 14-140mm zoom you can get a reasonable amount of stabilization when using it to shoot 4K. The camera then uses the stabilization from the lens. I don't know if this also work with other lenses, but I know that it works with the 14-140mm f3.5/5.6. And then of course, there are quite a few editing programs now that can emulate stabilization at the post processing stage.

ta2maki

New to Mu-43
Gx8 does not have body only stabilization for video.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom