1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX8 E shutter iso limit

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by nirok, Jan 22, 2016.

1. nirok

nirok Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2014
    Hey, can't find anywhere if the gx8 electronic shutter have iso limit. my g6 can only get to iso 1600 when shooting with electronic shutter and it's one of the main reason i want to upgrade to gx8... does somone here know the answer? thanks...

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The manual says that Video and 4K photo range is 200-6400. Those use the Electronic shutter, so that would be what I would expect. Hopefully someone with the camera can chime in to confirm.

A similar spec is listed for the G7, so that may be a more direct upgrade from your G6 (if you liked that camera and shape)

3. bahamot

bahamot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2015
    You can shoot up to the max ISO (25600) with GX8's E-shutter.

4. nirok

nirok Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2014
    that's helpful... thank you!

5. Bond6

Bond6 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    Quick question would you turn on electronic shutter by default?

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not if you shoot action.

7. nirok

nirok Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2014
    Why not for action?

8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    The E/silent shutter suffers slightly from the Rolling Shutter effect when shooting faster moving objects. That can change with shutter speed, but most just turn it of in those situations. In general, I leave the e/silent shutter on when out doing general shooting, and then turn it off for Action shots, flash use, florescent lighting, and a few other situations.

9. Bond6

Bond6 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    Thanks I will go with that