Gx8 and my solution for no buil-in flash

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by D7k1, Sep 5, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    So far I am loving the GX8, but I do miss the built-in flash for those rare times I use flash. So I remembered when I got my EP5 I played around with my SB800 on it. It was too big for that camera but the “A” setting worked great. I set the flash for the ISO I wanted and it gave me the f stop and range of use. Set my camera in manual and set the flash sync shutter speed I want (normal or fill) and then the f stop that the SB800 shows and my images are perfect (of course you can use either the exposure comp on the flash of change f stop on the camera for more or less exposure also). Mainly I use it for macro work now and it should work fine even with adapted lenses. So if you're still a Nikon shooter or still have a SB800 laying around it fits the GX8 as to size (still a big flash but ok on the Gx8) and the images are perfectly exposed.
  2. OpDraht

OpDraht New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2014
    My solution comes from Olympus :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    That Olympus flash worked great on my GM5 and works great on the LX100 I have now. Glad to see Panasonic kept the 4th pin on the hot shoe. Only wish it was there on my GX7.