GX7 with DMW-FL360L flash not firing

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ToxMox, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Anyone else have a GX7 working with the FL360L flash? I hook it up to the hotshoe and the camera and flash seem to be talking to each other but when I take a photo the flash never fires.

Anyone have ideas? It works fine on my GH3.

2. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Is the electronic shutter turned off?

Mike

3. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Are you in an auto mode that decides if flash is needed or not? Threw me for a loop a few times until I set it to forced flash.

4. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Yup turned off. Even reset all camera settings to default.

Nope tried forced flash on manual even.

If I turn on Wireless Flash it will fire so it isn't a hardware problem. I think it could be a firmware bug. I am running 1.1

Anyone have this working with the latest GX7 firmware?

Is there a way for me to install the original 1.0 stock firmware and test with that?

5. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    My camera has firmware version 1.0 and there is not an issue with the operation with the DMW-FL360. I just went through all of flash settings without any problems. You might save a bit of time by contacting Panasonic support.

Mike

6. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Try wiggle it so it sits well with the hotshoe. My Oly FL600R wasn't firing at first so I pushed it a bit and its all good now. It's awkward to lock it because of the eye piece so sometimes it may come unseated when locking.

7. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Just to update. Something was wrong with my GX7. Got a replacement this week from amazon and my flash works great now :)