GX7 with DMW-FL360L flash not firing

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ToxMox, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Anyone else have a GX7 working with the FL360L flash? I hook it up to the hotshoe and the camera and flash seem to be talking to each other but when I take a photo the flash never fires.

Anyone have ideas? It works fine on my GH3.

2. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Is the electronic shutter turned off?

Mike

3. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Are you in an auto mode that decides if flash is needed or not? Threw me for a loop a few times until I set it to forced flash.

4. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Yup turned off. Even reset all camera settings to default.

Nope tried forced flash on manual even.

If I turn on Wireless Flash it will fire so it isn't a hardware problem. I think it could be a firmware bug. I am running 1.1

Anyone have this working with the latest GX7 firmware?

Is there a way for me to install the original 1.0 stock firmware and test with that?

5. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    My camera has firmware version 1.0 and there is not an issue with the operation with the DMW-FL360. I just went through all of flash settings without any problems. You might save a bit of time by contacting Panasonic support.

Mike

6. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Try wiggle it so it sits well with the hotshoe. My Oly FL600R wasn't firing at first so I pushed it a bit and its all good now. It's awkward to lock it because of the eye piece so sometimes it may come unseated when locking.

7. ToxMox

ToxMox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2012
    Just to update. Something was wrong with my GX7. Got a replacement this week from amazon and my flash works great now :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.