1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 WiFi NFC issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Westcoast, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Westcoast

Westcoast Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    Hi there, just wondering if anyone else is having issues with wifi / nfc.

I can connect to a smartphone manually using the wifi broadcast from the camera, but using the home network is a no go. It barely reads 1 bar of strength even when it is right beside my router. When I try to connect to the network it has connected once out of about 10 attempts and then lost the connection when it did connect.

I have yet to get the NFC to work on my Samsung s3 or HTC one. I'm pretty tech savy so I don't think I'm screwing up in any major way. I have read the manual several times... Just wondering what others are experiencing for connection with wifi and nfc?

I'm gonna try flashing firmware 1.1 even though it states it's for startup issues only which my camera never seemed to have an issue with.

Gary

2. rud

rud New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2011
    Check if your router is running 2 channels 2.5 and 5. It was easy to pair my ipad direct. I took some time to pair the camera via wifi to the ipad. But I got it going. Still struggle with the ux on their app.

3. Westcoast

Westcoast Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    Thanks... I made sure I had the 5 ghz off. I can now get a Connection after installing 1.1 firmware. I just can't be very far from the router. About 10 feet max, and I have a pretty kick ass router although I live in a condo tower with wifi bands everywhere so that probably doesn't help either. I have yet to make an NFC connection though.

4. CChiappa

CChiappa New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2013
    Arlington, MA
    I had noticed that communication through another network was very unreliable, but it hadn't occured to me that distance from the router might be a cause. I'll give that a try tonight, although it's pretty poor if you need to be 5 feet away from the router.

5. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    The NFC receptors have to be literally millimeters away for it to work. Make sure you know where the chips are on the camera and the phone. Check the phone has NFC turned on.

6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Don't forget the app

And be sure you have the latest version of the Panasonic Lumix NFC app installed and running on your mobile device.

7. Westcoast

Westcoast Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    I have tried NFC from every angle imaginable, I use NFC for other things on my phone and that has always been fine. I have the latest app version. It's not a deal breaker anyways,

8. pytha

pytha New to Mu-43

Oct 12, 2013
    My GX7 works well with two 3D smartphones (LG, SHARP), HUAWEI tablet and Samsung Galaxy GC100
    - all with Android 2.2 ... 4.2, all without NFC! I never had any interruption or breakdown.

dM0esK5.

Attached Files: