1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 Video

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by redcapestudio, Feb 22, 2014.

1. redcapestudio

redcapestudio Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Robert
    Recently finished music video for my brother's band. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqayds0JyaM -

Shot on the GX7 with the SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 version 2. I previously had the original version of this lens and used it extensively on a GH2. It's a wonderful piece of glass.

Cheers, rob

• Like Like x 1
  2. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Cool video! I like the 'follow the bouncing ball' concept. Nice looking images too.

Could you describe a bit how you did the production? What did you do for camera support?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fran Guidry

Fran Guidry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Fran Guidry
    Knock out on the song, the concept, and the execution. Mercy!

Fran

• Like Like x 1
  4. redcapestudio

redcapestudio Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Robert
    Thanks for the kind words. I used a DIY rig that I built years ago for a different video. It's made from a manfrotto monopod and some steel welded together. I'll post a photo of it. It works only reasonably well as a stabilizer but great as a method to hang the camera low and fly over objects. This works well with the close focusing capability of SLR Magic 12mm.

I roughly mapped out the timing and layout of the words in CAD before the shoot. The layout and timing changed once we started testing on site. One thing we didn't anticipate was how the speed of the hex bug would change as the battery wore down. The result was that we did many takes to get some that we're close to the right speed. We were originally going to shoot only from overhead but tried the view from behind as well and thought that the split screen would be nice.

Cheers, rob

• Like Like x 1
  5. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Ha ha, nice!

6. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser