GX7 Sensor

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Panny 7-14 and Olympus camera bodies don't make good bed fellows, metaphorically speaking.
Anyone know whether the GX7 is better and for what reason, rather than anecdotally? At the back of my mind, figuratively speaking, I seem to remember previous panasonic cameras had sensors significantly different that managed the violet end of the spectrum better. Then again I've read the problem is due to reflections off the sensor, back to the lens' rear element then back to the sensor until the energy is absorbed.
Anyone have a definitive answer please. I've tried the rear filter mod using a Wratten 2E, it helps but flare is still evident, colour shifted.

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a well documented issue.

The lens tends to perform better on Panasonic bodies due to the internal camera software cleaning up the flare. Vintage bodies may not do this but the GX7 definitely will though flare may not be totally eliminated in certain conditions.

Look on DPreview for discussions about this topic.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Thank you LowTEC, that's good to know.
PS: Your Flickr images look outstanding!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom