1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 Promotion - Case Model Number Details

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by beaker1977, Sep 26, 2013.

1. beaker1977

beaker1977 New to Mu-43

Aug 31, 2013
    For anyone in the UK and Ireland hoping to avail of the Panasonic DMC-GX7 promotion , I received this email from Panasonic today which confirms the model number for the case -

Dear Sir,

As far as we are aware there is only one case for the models, and the model number is PS-572KK.

Kind regards,

Angus
    Panasonic Promotions Team
    HWA Ltd, 3 Ilex House, 94 Holly Road, Twickenham, TW1 4HF

2. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    do you know what that looks like??.....

3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Are you sure about that code?

I am seeing another kind of case... a half case for the GX7 with code number DMW-CGBX7-K

l.jpg

4. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    likewise.. that is what i have found out as well... but the original reference that beaker1977 has submitted is matching from what i have got told from panasonic rep many weeks ago also. but it does not match what is showing up on panasonic website with leather cases..... however when i spoke with the panasonic rep at one of the GX7 preview weekends, she has confirmed that it is definitely a two part case but was not too sure of the cover piece.....

5. beaker1977

beaker1977 New to Mu-43

Aug 31, 2013
    The reason I contacted Panasonic was I was hoping it was the DMW-CGK22 as featured here

I've pre-ordered the GX7 with 20mm lens so this would have been perfect...

Unfortunately, it seems to be a generic case for everybody with space to spare for the stock zoom even if you buy it with the 20mm. Amazon.co.uk have a listing for the GX7KIT as mentioned in the promo - here

This, along with Panasonic's email, seems to confirm it's exactly as pictured on the promo page... At least you get a free battery as well... Beggars can't be choosers I suppose!

6. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    I wish Canada got that as well. Oh well :p

7. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Has anyone actually have received this now?... would be good to see what it looks like if someone of you have got this already and could share pictures :)

8. Cederic

Cederic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Nottingham
    Got an email promising mine will be delivered Monday/Tuesday (but I wont be in) so should be able to share pics in the next couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    excellent news cederic...! will look forward to seeing some pictures and your thoughts on what and how the case look and feel.
    am still awaiting to hear if mine has been processed and being posted.....
    how long did yours take for them to give you that email?

10. Cederic

Cederic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Nottingham
    My case has arrived. Photographs another time, but:

DMW-CGK24KK

It's a leather half-case that screws onto the tripod mount, with a completely detachable leather hood with space for lens. The camera strap mounts are the only bits that aren't covered.

I hate it already :) Makes the camera too bulky and because I don't use a strap on the camera, I have no way to carry it. But it's useful to have so I'm keeping hold of it, and it came with the spare battery so well worth getting anyway, given Panasonic provided them for free.

From the box:
    I haven't tested yet but I reckon my Oly 45mm would fit too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scho047

scho047 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    any chance of some pics of how it looks? :)

12. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012