GX7 Problem with Navigation Tabs

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello,

Sorry if this problem has been mentioned before, I am new to this forum and did a search but might have missed it.

By navigation tabs, I mean the buttons around the 'menu set' center button. You know, the buttons for iso, wb, focus area, and shutter timer. They no longer work to get me to those functions.
For example, if I press the iso button, the LCD screen gives me the option to move the focus point around. And the same with the other 3 buttons. Perhaps I changed a setting and forgot?

I ran through the manual and menu settings, but could not find any way to fix this. Please help!

BillPlumtree

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Robertson
I went through exactly the same...

Setting [Custom]>[Direct Focus Area] to Off should do it. It's not the most intuitively-named function, is it?

numberpro

Mu-43 Rookie
Awesome, thanks! I'm heading into a photo shoot, and your msg arrived just in time :)

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Interesting. That explains why you can assign the function of those dedicated buttons to the q-menu (it seemed redundant)... I guess there are still people who want to use the buttons to move the focus point.

BillPlumtree

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Robertson
Yep. I've seen quite a few descriptions (the Camera Ergonomics blog is one) of custom setups which use this Direct Focus Area thing, and then assign the original four-way functions to various of the hard & soft buttons or the Q-menu. To me, that seems unnecessary when you can get to the focus-directing (if in fact you even use that rather than the touch screen) just by pressing the left button followed by the down button - but each to their own, non?

Latest threads

Top Bottom