GX7 Price Reduction/Amazon Policy

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by oldracer, Sep 29, 2013.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    OK, here's some information that you may find interesting:

I have a GX7 body on order at Amazon. After finding out about the new reduced $899.99 price on 43rumors.com this morning, I checked my order and found it was still priced at $999.99. So I emailed Amazon to ask whether the price change would be automatic, whether they would do it manually, or whether I had to cancel and re-order. About 6 hours later (not bad turnaround IMO) here is what I got:

"Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items in other categories except, book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game.

"Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day on the release date.

"However, as an exception, I've reduced the item price to $899.99. A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found ... "

So, it looks like all of you guys with Amazon pre-orders will have to take action in order to get the new price. Get the exception or plan to cancel/return and re-order. I particularly wanted to avoid canceling and reordering because I am leaving for an international trip in about 10 days and didn't want to lose my position in line. Hopefully my new body will ship in time.

So I'm pleased. But I'm sure glad that I sent the inquiry.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
  3. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    In my experience Amazon is great about price adjusting.

4. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    You just made me $100. Thanks!