GX7 JPG/Video issues, looks "pale".

Scrowley91

Mu-43 Regular
I just got my GX7, and while the raws look fantastic, my jpeg/video output, no matter what settings I have, seem to look... pale; sort of nauseous. I'm not even sure how to describe it. I've changed the highlight/shadow settings, contrast, picture profile, etc, and they still look really unnatural. Can anyone help me out? I can include more images if needed.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Absolutely right, those Jpegs are shocking.
Factory reset! ASAP.
I don't know the name of the function, could be "reset to defaults" or something.
Do it.

Report back.

Scrowley91

Mu-43 Regular
Just factory reset, and updated to 1.3 firmware, neither did anything, and it happens in all PASM modes, as well as video. It's not an art filter or whatever, (sadly) and the flicker reduction isn't enabled.

poopstick

Mu-43 Regular
Well, the first picture looks like it was shot through a window. And that could account for the washed out look.
The second picture doesn't really look that bad. There's not a lot of contrast, but it's not terrible.
Any chance there are smudges on the rear lens element?

Scrowley91

Mu-43 Regular

It deffinitly seems like a contrast related issue, and gets more noticeable with the highlight/shadows in a reverse s-curve, but it's still partially present all the time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom