GX7 - Histogram position

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by mronen, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    The histogram is important, no question about it. I look at it every time, before I take any picture. But its location in the center of the viewfinder/monitor on the GX7 is very annoying for me.

Is it possible to move it to one of the corners or bottom of the screen?

Of course, I can press the Disp button, but then I must press it several times to see it again - an annoying hassle!

2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    I don't have my camera immediately in front of me but I believe you just put your finger on it and move it around to where you want it.
  3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Yes, you can move the histogram around with your finger on the touchscreen.
  4. leftnose

leftnose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Ditto. Move it all the way to the edge and the live histogram will be completely out of the image area in the EVF.
  5. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012

I don't like touch screens, so the first thing I did was disable the touch function.

Following your advice, I enabled touch-screen, dragged the histogram to the left-bottom corner and disabled the touch function again. It stayed there, both on the monitor and the viewfinder. However, I had to assign a preset to this setting, else it it reverted to the default center position after switching the camera OFF and On. There must be a way to do it with the buttons, for all us oldies who hate touch screens (cameras, computers, phones...).

6. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I operate almost everything on my cameras with the dials, but the touch screen is hands-down the easiest way to select a focus point.
  7. nsd20463

nsd20463 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    Santa Cruz, CA
    On older panasonics you move the histogram by selecting it in the Q-menu (q-menu button, then roll until the histogram is selected) and moving it with the arrow keys. Try something like that.