GX7 & high speed sync

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by OYC, Aug 19, 2015.

1. OYC

OYC New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2015
    Hey everyone

My name's OYC I'm a music teacher out of Lyon, France. I guess that's as good an intro as any...

For the past few days I've been (litterally, sometimes) banging my head trying to get HSS with my GX7 and a Yongnuo 568ex II. It works ok with my Canon 650d, since the Yongnuo things I bought are built for Canon, but I was really looking forward to using this with the portability factor of the GX7 and its 1/8000 (vs 1/4000 on the 650d.)

Here's what I have :

1 x YN622C-TX transmitter
    2 x YN 622C transceivers
    1 x YN568ex II flash
    1 x GX7 w/ a 20mm 1.7 II

Could anyone here PLEASE help me figure this thing out ? I've tried almost everything... And I'm stuck at 1/500 with the GX7 at HSS (though I don't know if it's HSS...) above that I just get a black screen. I think I can't get it to sync properly because it works really fine at 320, somewhat okay-ish at 500 and I get nothing beyond that. Thing is, when I mount the YN622C-TX on the GX7, it disables the wireless FP menu. It all becomes greyed out and all I get is the first page of the menu with TTL and forced flash.

I swear I could send a thank you card, a real one, to anyone who helps me figure this out.

2. neelsd

neelsd Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    In my experience, you can't get HSS to work using a Panasonic camera with a non-Panasonic HSS trigger. Compare the pins of the YN622C-TX transmitter with the pins on the camera hotshoe....do they line up? If not, HSS will not work with that trigger.