GX7 Fail

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by MadProphet, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MadProphet

MadProphet Mu-43 Regular

I've read about this several places, wondering if others are having or have had this issue.

Powered up my 1 week old GX7 today, had a heavy vibration, which was new and then the message "Please turn your camera off then back on". I did. Several times. No joy. Greeted with the same message each time. Tried charging the battery full up (it was at 70% or so). No joy. Tried taking lens off. Taking out card and swapping it.

Basically, nothing worked. OneCall was decent enough to expedite my return, getting me a shipping label and creating a new order in just minutes - but I have to wait for my camera to get there before they will ship the replacement. I have a big event next weekend. I am worried.

So anyone else have this issue? I see the 1.1 firmware specifically addresses power on stability, but I couldn't update. Anyone have the issue WITH the new firmware?

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Serious bummer. Sorry to hear about this. Yours is the first post I've seen mention this problem. I recall seeing one that said their GX7 was DOA, but not this.

3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    Sorry about the camera. OneCall has the best customer service (maybe tied with Crutchfield).

4. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Sorry to hear about your camera's issue. I upgraded my GX7 to the 1.1 firmware a couple days ago not knowing what Panasonic meant by "improving operation stability when turning the camera on." Now I know.

5. MadProphet

MadProphet Mu-43 Regular

OneCall has freakin amazed me today. I rarely say that.

MadProphet

6. MadProphet

MadProphet Mu-43 Regular

The problem is well documented and Panasonic has as much as acknowledged it with the explanation for the 1.1 firmware update fixes a startup power issue. One Call and Patrick went the extra mile to ensure I have the replacement before my event next weekend.
    It'll also be the first time I've shot m43 since the week I had my GF1 and kit zoom. Since I've sold most of my Nikon stuff, it will also be the first time it's been my only system. Total change from a D7100 and 24-120/4VR to the GX7, even with a 35-100 stuck on front.

7. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    My GX7 Made a loud buzz when powered on after nearly two months of use. I upgraded to firmware ver. 1.1 and that seemed to take care of the problem. I also upgraded my other four bodies and five of my lenses.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.