1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX7 Diopter Adjustment

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Levster, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

The diopter adjustment on my GX7 EVF seems to have a lot more adjustment in one direction than the other. I find that the adjustment that I need to make to get the EVF sharp isn't possible with the limited adjustment available. Is there a way to fix the diopter adjustment so it offers the same adjustment level in the + and - directions?

2. Duncan

Duncan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2013
  3. Levster

I did read that thread a while back but it didn't offer up any solutions. I bought my camera 2nd hand so I can't return it, and from what I've heard it does seem to be a common issue. With my glasses on the adjustment seems fine but with contacts on it looks a bit off.

4. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    The adjustment is what it is. I shoot with my glasses on and am able to adjust it OK. I can adjust it to use with out my glasses but then I am unable to see the cameras controls or LCD clearly.

5. Duncan

Duncan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2013
    Seems odd that it works with your glasses on but not with your contacts. Both must have pretty much the same correction. The only thing I can think is that your eye is further from the EVF with glasses on than with contacts. Perhaps the optional eyecup (Panasonic DMW-EC1) would keep your eye a bit further from the EVF when you are wearing contacts, and maybe that would help. This is just a guess as I don't wear contacts. You can get the eyecup at B&H, among other places. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998484-REG/panasonic_dmw_ec1_eyecup.html

6. Levster

I'm short sighted so the contacts and glasses correct for objects far away. It might be that my contacts aren't able to resolve objects at a close distance, I have found it uncomfortable trying to read with my contacts in. Looks like laser eye surgery may be the only answer!

7. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Sounds like your contacts and glasses are slightly different prescriptions. I had a similar problem but the other way round.

I could read easier with my contacts in than I could with my glasses (I don't really need either for reading).

I queried this with my optician and after a lot of discussion his comment was they (the optician) can "chose" to bias glasses/contacts for near/ far performance.

Because I said I used my glasses mainly for driving and contacts mainly for indoor sports they were specified to be slightly different.