GX7 colour combos, opinions?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by moccaman, Nov 6, 2013.

1. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    Well I have decided on a Silver/black GX7 as I just cant seem to get into the all black one, its a bit like the EP5, the EP3 in black had those nice chrome panels around the body top and bottom, looked great, then they went to all black on the EP5 and lost some of the warmth in the design. (not to mention it looks dated and the grip sucks) hehe.

Anyway, my dilemna is lens colour choice. All my lenses are black, I use a G5 and EP3 in black, also have a GX1 on hand for the pocketable occasions. I am going to get the GX7/20mm kit, and as they are in separate boxes it looks like I can choose lens colour. I am thinking the black version of the 20mm would be a more sensible choice with the GX7 as it will also match my other bodies. The Silver 20mm looks great, the new finish is really nice, but it wouldnt look so great on a G5 etc.

Of course I was also thinking I would likely use the new 20 only on the GX7 so colour wouldnt matter, but then of course I would want to use it on the GX1 when I needed something tiny...LOL. If only I could be happy with 1 camera and a couple of lenses! :dash2:

2. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Just be glad Panasonic didn't release a really awesome new camera with only one of the color choices available, and you happen to own the other color, instantly devaluing not just your camera body but the lenses too! :doh:

3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    A camera is a tool for the photographer. Does the color of your camera show up in the finished image? I think not.

4. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    Yes but would you carry round a pink EPM1? If I dont like the look of my gear less chance of me carrying it around. Yes function over form can be argued, and my work revolves around both, but end of the day I feel good about my camera I spend more time with 'her' hehe :wink:

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Silver/black cameras go well with either lens color. Black cameras only go well with black lenses.

• Like Like x 3
  6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got a black E-M5 as silver wasn't available locally. And now I have to deal with silver lenses as black Oly's are not available locally :banghead: Silver fits both colours of lens and people seem to be more comfortable with the retro look in public.

7. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    A silver/chrome lens on a black body doesn't look bad. Here is a shot of a black painted Zorki 4 and a silver Jupiter 8 50/2.0 lens.
    3953411279_81eb60a205.
    Some of the Panasonic lenses I use are more of a dark gray instead of black. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Mike

Attached Files:

8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I will admit that I was waiting for the black body only to be available in the US, but I'm honestly considering the silver as it looks really good. However, I regretted getting my GX1 in silver... Bah! This is the problem with choice!