1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 cases?!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rabican, Nov 24, 2013.

1. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    I just purchased the GX7 on amazon, it's a really good price in my opinion (852$ with 14-42II lens).
    I would like to get a case, and other accessories, any suggestions?

I can't find any cases really, I really like leather half cases (like gariz), but haven't been able to find any good options.
    If you recommend any other accessories other than a spare battery let me know. Screen protector? (do I need to worry about the touch ability?

Thanks.

2. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  4. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
  5. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    I'm leaning towards the panasonic half/full case, DMWCGK22 (I hope it comes back in stock soon) and the larger eye cup DMWEC1, I just ordered an aftermarket battery for $15 on amazon as well.

6. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    A Panasonic rep told me that the leather cases (half case and ever ready case) will not be available in the US. I received a notification from B&H that the GX7 case was not available. If you want one it will have to be from outside the US. Here's another ebay site that shows some of the Panasonic offerings - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=gx7+case&rt=nc

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Oops!

8. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
  9. Max111

Max111 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2013
    Prefer one with a flap at the base which allows you to change battery/card without taking out the whole case. Bought one leather half case from ebay and cost around usd 30 plus. Quality is ok but shipping is from china so took quite a while to arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

10. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    Yeah...I just wish more were reviewed before I pulled the trigger ;)

...does the panasonic case sit level? looks like the screw doesn't go flat...wouldnt the camera topple over easier?
    I have this case on back order with adorama and also the eye piece...although the eye piece shipped today after 3 day wait, no word on the case though.

11. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    Those Ebay cases showed up a month or two ago for 36 bucks and looked just as cheap back then as they do now :wink: The fit looks pretty average all round. I would rather have original and spend the $$ on a perfect fit.

12. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    Although the fit is a little off, it seems to sit flat vs the panasonic one which appears elevated due to the tripod screw. (confirmation??)

13. Max111

Max111 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2013
    Yes the original does not sit flat due to the screw. The one I bought from ebay is able to.

14. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. j9ksf

j9ksf Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 20, 2013
    The Gariz half case for the GX7 is now available and due in the UK within the next two weeks or so. Check LoveCases.co.uk.

16. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered one on ebay!
    gariz_741.

17. Friedel

Friedel Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 21, 2010
    But it has no opening for sd-card and batterie! That's really bad.

18. rabican

rabican Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2012
    Yeah a little annoying but for my situation I generally don't go through an entire battery in one session or sd. That being said I honestly didn't notice it didn't have access to the battery until you mentioned it now since my last gariz did and I thought must do...

The fit just seems so perfect. I'll post pics when it arrives.

19. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    No problem, just cut a hole in it. :sorry: