1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 battery thing again - UK users

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Ricoh, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
  2. trakmasterrs

trakmasterrs Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    I don't know anything specific about that seller but from my past experience, if you are looking for OEM batteries, I don't recommend buying from eBay as you can never be sure if its a replica or not. If the price is too good to be true, it usually is, at least in my experience with OEM batteries. I made a mistake of purchasing OEM canon batteries in the past from the Bay and still regret it now. I now only buy from authorized dealers for the specific brand and pay the full price for them. Just my opinion.

3. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Yeah, that's my gut reaction too. I'll steer away and follow my instinct. Thanks for reminding me to treat unusually cheap offerings with suspicion.

I found another http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/panasonic-dmw-blg10e-2049-p.asp: I'm pretty certain is a 'grey' import, but should be the real McCoy.

Out of interest, what was the experience with the canon battery from eBay, did it cause damage?

4. trakmasterrs

trakmasterrs Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    It didn't do any damage but compared to the OEM battery, they drained a lot faster. Rather than save the 50% in cost, I rather put that money towards the real deal and not have to think twice about it.

It's one thing to buy a third party battery knowing what your'e getting vs buying a supposed real OEM battery which turns out to be fake.

5. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    How true!

6. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Discovered the BL9E is interchangeable, just slightly less capacity (approx 92% compared to the BLG10E, i.e. 940mAh compared to 1025mAh).
    Ok won't last quite as long but bought two of these for much less than one BLG10E. Official Panasonic as well.
    In the UK, google SRS or Wilkinsons.

7. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
  8. scott2hot

scott2hot Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    west yorkshire
    scott
    I never had a problem with X-PRO..ANY CAMERA!

9. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    Agreed.

We've also got an Ex-Pro battery for my girlfriends Panasonic compact and this works as well as the original.

• Like Like x 1