GX7 back wheel ISO

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by laser8, Mar 5, 2014.

1. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Has anyone found a way to assign ISO(or anything else) to the back wheel when pushed? I set the front one to control aperture / shutter in the priority modes and the back one to control exposure compensation, but see no way to assign another function to the wheel when pressed (it basically controls EC whether pushed or not).

It is like having a fn button wasted...

2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    I think you have it right - it's EC or nothing. But it's only a single button push on the UP button to get to ISO, then the wheel works, so it's not a problem for me.

3. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Doesn't it do Program Shift (P) or Aperture Shift (A) or Shutter Shift (S or M)? (when not pushed)

When pushed it does EC and I'm happy that it stays that way since it's such an essential adjustment.

4. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Yes, but you have one redundant function in any case: if in S or A, the back wheel does either the same as the front one (EC if pushed), or EC if pushed or not. I wanted to check if anybody found a way to give the back wheel a different function when pushed, so that say in A mode, you control A with the front wheel, EC with the back wheel, and some third parameter with the back wheel pushed.

Let's hope for a 1.3. firmware...

5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Okay. What third parameter would you like to see? To me the logical one is ISO but that is really redundant with it being permanently on a handy button.

6. Nate Crisman

Nate Crisman Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2012
    Flash comp adjust. If in wireless mode, pushing the rear dial could bring up the wireless adjust menu page.

That would be ideal for me! Or ISO