1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GX7 Back Button Continuous Focus

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Sean1216, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Sean1216

Sean1216 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 22, 2015
    Sean Wang
    Guys, I followed this guide to set up back button focus on the GX7 . I was trying it on my son yesterday. However, when I hold down the button as he is running, it doesn't seem like the camera is refocusing. Anyone else has success with this? Thanks

Sean

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Did you set camera to AF-C? What focus selection method did you choose?

3. Sean1216

Sean1216 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 22, 2015
    Sean Wang
    Yes I tried with afsc on and off.

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

Well it has to be ON since AF-C is "Continuous" AF.

What focus selection method? Single point? Face Detect" AF tracking?

5. Sean1216

Sean1216 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 22, 2015
    Sean Wang
    Single point. That's what that video recommended. I haven't tried other ones.

6. mambastik

mambastik Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2011
    I did the same thing using that exact same video tutorial. When you push down the back button focus, it goes from AF-C to AF-S when you hold it down, correct? When you are testing it, are you just pointing at some static object? It will detect no movement and will automatically switch your AF-C setting back to AF-S. Try pointing it to something moving, or even load up a Youtube video and focus on your screen, the camera will detect movement and will stay at AF-C when you hold down back button focus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.