1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX7 "Auto Review" on rear LCD only?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by darzur, Aug 14, 2015.

1. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    Hello u43 community,

My very first u43 camera (Pana GX7) just arrived and it's great so far. :) I'm missing one feature however to make it more SLR like. Don't even know if it's doable, but considering menu complexity it might be. I'd like to display "Auto Reviev" of taken photo on rear LCD only and not in EVF. It's very distracting for me to see it in viewfinder and I like to have it on rear screen just for quick evaluation.

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    You're probably going to have to turn the feature off, and press 'Play' if you want to review.

Barry

3. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    Yeah.. That I know. I was hoping there is a way to do it automatically. Another irritating thing is missing flash exposure compensation under front dial in "M" mode. I'll have to learn to live with it. :)

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi

You can turn the displayed time down to one second, that makes it less of a distraction.

I just turn it off and use play if I really want to check something, I find the displayed image often bares little resemblance to the image on my computer and printer so of no real use to me. Ok for checking the histogram and composition but thats about it even OOF images can look sharp at such a small size.

Also for me to go from the EVF to the Back LCD I have to dig out my reading glasses and thats a real pain

5. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    From your replies I see it's not possible. I'll learn to live with it then.