GX7 Auto Bracket Question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by khughes44, Jan 22, 2015.

1. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I frequently bracket 3 exposures when I am out shooting. My Canon camera can be set up to automatically shoot the 3 exposures with one press of the shutter button. I have not been able to find that feature on the GX7. If it exists please let me know how to find it.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    page 183 in the manual
    press the bottom button of the 4 segments (arranged around the menu set button)press the left /right arrows to scroll through your options you want the 3.1/3 then press up arrow
    chose stop range and number of shots 3 5 or 7

there is also the HDR setting which takes 3 shots and auto blends to get the best exposure

3. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    Thank you for your reply. However, it does not answer my question. I know how to use auto bracket. I am trying to shoot the 3 exposures with one press of the shutter button, without having to hold it down. Just a quick single press with my shutter remote and that's it. Any ideas? Anyone with a Canon that can relate to this?

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I don't think there is the option to do 3 shots in one, unfortunately. At least not that I - like you - have been able to find.

It would be handy, but if you're on a tripod for HDR or whatever, the framing will be the same anyway even if you need to snap each exposure separately.

5. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    Yes, that's what I am thinking. I just don't want to hold the button down for fear of moving the camera. My exposure today will probably be 1/2 second, +/- 2/3 stop. I will be in a rather awkward position, with the camera above my head. I loved that feature on the Canon. 1 press of the remote and 3 shots.

6. This is an area I wish Panasonic would address in a firmware update -- you'll find that you also can't rely on the self-timer to trigger bracketed shots. Instead, you'll need to use a remote and hold down the remote btn until the bracketing shots complete.

7. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I'll try that with the iPhone. Here's hoping.

8. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    Is it not easier to shoot in raw and use post processing to get your under and over exposures from one shot
    That's how I do it for HDR work

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

9. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I am taking a run at Bob DiNatale's advice from his book "The Optimal Digital Photography." He advocates a kind of adapted zone system for digital. It's very good. http://www.bobdinatale.com/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.