1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 Auto Bracket Question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by khughes44, Jan 22, 2015.

1. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I frequently bracket 3 exposures when I am out shooting. My Canon camera can be set up to automatically shoot the 3 exposures with one press of the shutter button. I have not been able to find that feature on the GX7. If it exists please let me know how to find it.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    page 183 in the manual
    press the bottom button of the 4 segments (arranged around the menu set button)press the left /right arrows to scroll through your options you want the 3.1/3 then press up arrow
    chose stop range and number of shots 3 5 or 7

there is also the HDR setting which takes 3 shots and auto blends to get the best exposure

3. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    Thank you for your reply. However, it does not answer my question. I know how to use auto bracket. I am trying to shoot the 3 exposures with one press of the shutter button, without having to hold it down. Just a quick single press with my shutter remote and that's it. Any ideas? Anyone with a Canon that can relate to this?

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I don't think there is the option to do 3 shots in one, unfortunately. At least not that I - like you - have been able to find.

It would be handy, but if you're on a tripod for HDR or whatever, the framing will be the same anyway even if you need to snap each exposure separately.

5. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    Yes, that's what I am thinking. I just don't want to hold the button down for fear of moving the camera. My exposure today will probably be 1/2 second, +/- 2/3 stop. I will be in a rather awkward position, with the camera above my head. I loved that feature on the Canon. 1 press of the remote and 3 shots.

6. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    This is an area I wish Panasonic would address in a firmware update -- you'll find that you also can't rely on the self-timer to trigger bracketed shots. Instead, you'll need to use a remote and hold down the remote btn until the bracketing shots complete.

7. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I'll try that with the iPhone. Here's hoping.

8. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    Is it not easier to shoot in raw and use post processing to get your under and over exposures from one shot
    That's how I do it for HDR work

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

9. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    I am taking a run at Bob DiNatale's advice from his book "The Optimal Digital Photography." He advocates a kind of adapted zone system for digital. It's very good. http://www.bobdinatale.com/