GX7 at B&H: $497 + $100 B&H Gift Card + 4% Rewards (=$377)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by gf2forever, Dec 10, 2014.

1. gf2forever

gf2forever New to Mu-43

Dec 10, 2014
    Long term lurker, first time poster. I thought this might have been a pricing error, but I purchased last night and I got a confirmation for shipment this morning. $497 for the GX7 (which is the same as Amazon and Adorama currentl), but B&H also throws in a $100 gift card AND you get 4% rewards (to be received in the form of a gift card 40-60 days after date of purchase). So depending on your tax situation, it could be effectively as low as $377.

My GF2 has served me well the last 3 years, but can't wait for this to arrive.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    A week ago I got what I thought was a pretty good deal on a used GX7. Now I just feel stupid. Not really, this is how it goes. Im glad to snag a good deal if it comes up, but you can't worry too much about it. The market is crazy, which is generally good for us as consumers.

At $377 pretty much every m4/3s user out there who is considering a body purchase should be lining up, whether you are upgrading from an older body or adding an additional body to a higher end set up. Hell, I'm thinking about a second one myself, and that makes no sense...

OP is going to have to change his username to "gf2foreveruntilthegx7fellbelow$400"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are the gift cards transferable? I'll sell it to someone for $95 and pocket the savings!
  4. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just called Adorama and asked if they can price match with the savings already included. I guess they're looking into it and will call me back in 30 minutes! I love the free market! :wink:
  5. CaptureLights

CaptureLights Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2014
    Jonathan, please update, i'd love to have it for below 400, but i dont buy from bhphoto often, so giftcard is essentially useless for me.
  6. joeyjiang

joeyjiang Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 2, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Joe Jiang
    best deal on a great camera! I tried really really hard not to hit the buy button... that would be my 3rd gx7!
  7. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    This might just be the deal for me. Almost bought it for $497 at Adorama but the same price with a $100 gift card!!! Will wait to see if Adorama matches or if perhaps they will go as low as $397.
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Do let us know. I tried to call but I keep being put on hold each time.
    I sent them an email so will see if I get a response.
  9. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Ugh, that pricing is crazy in the US. I'm almost considering it as a Canadian, even though Panasonic won't honour the warranty up here.

It's that, or buy used for $550 locally...hrmgh.
  10. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I haven't received a call back, but I'm heading to the gym for a bit. Someone should try calling B&H and asking if they will automatically apply the gift card to the purchase of the GX7? I'm going to call both after my workout! :smile:
  11. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    The Canadian retailers up here still sell it for $749-799 body only. Plus 13% taxes...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought a GX7 on the 8th from BH. They price matched Adorama's asking price of $497. I saw this today so I chatted with an online rep and they will be sending me the $100 gift card also... So awesome! I should have my gx7 tomorrow !!!
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    That's a very sweet deal. If I didn't already have 4 cameras, I would buy a 2nd GX7... hehe
    • Like Like x 1
  14. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Just chatted w/ BH online and they won't roll that $100 into the $497. Didn't think they would. Have not heard back from Adorama.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. armoredpig

armoredpig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2013
    Darn sweet deal.. Now, if only it could be had in black at this price..
  16. TucsonLawrence

TucsonLawrence Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Lawrence Richards
    thanks for the tip- ordered mine about an hour ago... amazing price

No tax... no shipping cost... $100 back in card and 4% back in points for B&H and 1% back from my c-card effectively makes this camera cost me

Pretty danged impressive...

• Like Like x 3
  17. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Checked B & H and the Pentax K-3 deal with the Pentax flash for $50 bundled with the body was back for a total cost of $846. What to do?
    I have more Pentax lenses than Panasonic /Oly lenses although can use the Pentax lenses on the Lumix cameras with an adapter. I have a Pentax 10-17 fisheye on backorder. I have 3 Pentax bodies and one Lumix body (although have a Lumix FZ20). I have wanted a K-3 for awhile but only started considering the GX7 recently. The K3 is weather sealed/resistant, not so w/ the GX7. The K3 has more megapixels. The K3 may do better w/ low light photography. Nonetheless, I decided to get the GX7. More cost effective, lighter in weight, no possibility of mirror flap problems, built in wi-fi. I've handled it at the camera store and was fine with it and I've seen some remarkable photos. Quite an incredible deal w/ the $100 gift certificate and 4% rewards plus the double warranty rebate from Panasonic.

I would have preferred the black body but for this price the silver will do just fine.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    This is another great deal from B&H this holiday season.

Someday I won't live in NY and can take advantage of these B&H and Adorama deals without paying crazy NY tax. Although by then, there will likely be a straight up internet tax on everything. :smile:
  19. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Yes, this is frustrating for us Canadians. The landed cost of this camera is CAD$667. Then if I want to use the included gift card, it's another cost of shipping and customs clearance.
    Since I want the GX7 with the 20mm, even with two transactions and applying the $100 gift xard towards the 20mm, it's still within $20 of just buying everything locally. Even if it's used, it seems like less hassle. :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app
  20. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Great find, thanks! I couldn't resist getting one of these for my wife for Christmas to replace her GF3 that has been giving her some problems. Of course, now I will have to "borrow" it from her from time to time to shoot better video than I can with my E-M5!