GX7 at B&H: $497 + $100 B&H Gift Card + 4% Rewards (=$377)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by gf2forever, Dec 10, 2014.

1. gf2forever

gf2forever New to Mu-43

Dec 10, 2014
    Long term lurker, first time poster. I thought this might have been a pricing error, but I purchased last night and I got a confirmation for shipment this morning. $497 for the GX7 (which is the same as Amazon and Adorama currentl), but B&H also throws in a $100 gift card AND you get 4% rewards (to be received in the form of a gift card 40-60 days after date of purchase). So depending on your tax situation, it could be effectively as low as $377.

My GF2 has served me well the last 3 years, but can't wait for this to arrive.

• Like Like x 3
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    A week ago I got what I thought was a pretty good deal on a used GX7. Now I just feel stupid. Not really, this is how it goes. Im glad to snag a good deal if it comes up, but you can't worry too much about it. The market is crazy, which is generally good for us as consumers.

At $377 pretty much every m4/3s user out there who is considering a body purchase should be lining up, whether you are upgrading from an older body or adding an additional body to a higher end set up. Hell, I'm thinking about a second one myself, and that makes no sense...

OP is going to have to change his username to "gf2foreveruntilthegx7fellbelow$400"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Are the gift cards transferable? I'll sell it to someone for $95 and pocket the savings!

4. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Just called Adorama and asked if they can price match with the savings already included. I guess they're looking into it and will call me back in 30 minutes! I love the free market! :wink:

5. CaptureLights

CaptureLights Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2014
    Jonathan, please update, i'd love to have it for below 400, but i dont buy from bhphoto often, so giftcard is essentially useless for me.

6. joeyjiang

joeyjiang Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Joe Jiang
    best deal on a great camera! I tried really really hard not to hit the buy button... that would be my 3rd gx7!

7. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    This might just be the deal for me. Almost bought it for $497 at Adorama but the same price with a $100 gift card!!! Will wait to see if Adorama matches or if perhaps they will go as low as $397.

8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Do let us know. I tried to call but I keep being put on hold each time.
    I sent them an email so will see if I get a response.

9. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Ugh, that pricing is crazy in the US. I'm almost considering it as a Canadian, even though Panasonic won't honour the warranty up here.

It's that, or buy used for $550 locally...hrmgh.

10. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I haven't received a call back, but I'm heading to the gym for a bit. Someone should try calling B&H and asking if they will automatically apply the gift card to the purchase of the GX7? I'm going to call both after my workout! :smile:

11. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    The Canadian retailers up here still sell it for $749-799 body only. Plus 13% taxes...

• Like Like x 1
  12. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I bought a GX7 on the 8th from BH. They price matched Adorama's asking price of $497. I saw this today so I chatted with an online rep and they will be sending me the $100 gift card also... So awesome! I should have my gx7 tomorrow !!!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    That's a very sweet deal. If I didn't already have 4 cameras, I would buy a 2nd GX7... hehe

• Like Like x 1
  14. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Just chatted w/ BH online and they won't roll that $100 into the $497. Didn't think they would. Have not heard back from Adorama.

• Like Like x 1
  15. armoredpig

armoredpig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2013
    Darn sweet deal.. Now, if only it could be had in black at this price..

16. TucsonLawrence

TucsonLawrence Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Tucson
    Lawrence Richards
    thanks for the tip- ordered mine about an hour ago... amazing price

No tax... no shipping cost... $100 back in card and 4% back in points for B&H and 1% back from my c-card effectively makes this camera cost me
    $372

Pretty danged impressive...

Lawrence

• Like Like x 3
  17. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Mu-43 Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Checked B & H and the Pentax K-3 deal with the Pentax flash for $50 bundled with the body was back for a total cost of $846. What to do?
    I have more Pentax lenses than Panasonic /Oly lenses although can use the Pentax lenses on the Lumix cameras with an adapter. I have a Pentax 10-17 fisheye on backorder. I have 3 Pentax bodies and one Lumix body (although have a Lumix FZ20). I have wanted a K-3 for awhile but only started considering the GX7 recently. The K3 is weather sealed/resistant, not so w/ the GX7. The K3 has more megapixels. The K3 may do better w/ low light photography. Nonetheless, I decided to get the GX7. More cost effective, lighter in weight, no possibility of mirror flap problems, built in wi-fi. I've handled it at the camera store and was fine with it and I've seen some remarkable photos. Quite an incredible deal w/ the $100 gift certificate and 4% rewards plus the double warranty rebate from Panasonic.

I would have preferred the black body but for this price the silver will do just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    This is another great deal from B&H this holiday season.

Someday I won't live in NY and can take advantage of these B&H and Adorama deals without paying crazy NY tax. Although by then, there will likely be a straight up internet tax on everything. :smile:

19. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Yes, this is frustrating for us Canadians. The landed cost of this camera is CAD$667. Then if I want to use the included gift card, it's another cost of shipping and customs clearance.
    Since I want the GX7 with the 20mm, even with two transactions and applying the $100 gift xard towards the 20mm, it's still within $20 of just buying everything locally. Even if it's used, it seems like less hassle. :( 

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

20. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Great find, thanks! I couldn't resist getting one of these for my wife for Christmas to replace her GF3 that has been giving her some problems. Of course, now I will have to "borrow" it from her from time to time to shoot better video than I can with my E-M5!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.