1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 AFC not working

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by MikeE, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MikeE

MikeE New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2015
    I am battling to get AFC working on my Panasonic GX7.

I'm in aperture priority mode using the Panasonic 14-42mm lens. AF-Mode is set to one area with the focus block set to as small as possible. Autofocus is set to AFC and it does show AFC at the top of the screen.

I then hold down the shutter button to focus. It beeps, the focus block goes green and at the top of the screen AFC changes to AFS. I can then move the camera but focus is locked until I release and press the shutter again.

I have even reset everything to the factory default settings in case I had changed something that prevented it from working. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

2. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    Hello,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I've just received 14-42 II and have same problem. It's set to AFC or AFF but as soon as I press shutter button halfway it changes to AFS.

P.S. Just found a reason I think. It switches to AFS when it's too dark. As soon as there is more light AFC/AFF works properly.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. MikeE

MikeE New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2015
    Hi dazur, I'm still having the problem. I know the Panasonic 20mm lens doesn't support AFC but I think it should be working with the 14-42. If you figure it out please let me know.

4. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    See my P.S. It appears to be working if it's enough light for it. Have to confirm it in daylight, as now it's still pretty dark here. :)

5. MikeE

MikeE New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2015
    You're right, I just tried in bright sunlight and it works perfectly. Thanks for your help :)

6. darzur

darzur Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2015
    Darek
    Glad to hear I could help. :)