1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GX7 $597 and free $100 gift card ---- good deal?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by oleoneday, Nov 23, 2014.

1. oleoneday

oleoneday Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
  2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Better than excellent!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    It is the best I have seen in some time. It may go lower, but I cannot imagine that it could go a lot lower. The biggest downside I see is if they introduce a replacement model very soon and give you a case of buyer's remorse. Definitely worth consideration.

--Ken

4. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Don't forget the 5% off using the B&H Android app using Google Checkout.

• Like Like x 1
  5. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 23, 2010
    If you want a GX7 then it seems a belter, I can firmly recommend it as a camera I have not liked a digital camera as much.

6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    That is the best price/deal I've seen on the Panny body. If that is what you want, its hard to go wrong with that, honestly.

7. oleoneday

oleoneday Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    Order placed....thanks everyone. but missed 5% off using the B&H Android app using Google Checkout...thanks all the same.

8. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    It is great news.

It may well mean that they are about to announce a newer camera and the price may well drop lower. Remember, every time a new camera comes out these days they say it is the best so far, until they come out with a newer camera. So picking up a discontinued model for most of us is a great deal. I bought my second Panasonic G3 after it had been discontinued and bought it from B&H for around $250 with the kit zoom lens. I can't bite on this offer as I am buying my wife a new iMac for Christmas, but I expect that it will drop even lower in the future. But, if you need the camera and want the camera this is really a good deal.

www.photosbypike.com

9. Delb0y

Delb0y Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2014
    I promised myself a GX7 if they dropped below £400 here in the UK and now they have - you can get a body at Wilkinson for £399. Alas, I just had the house insurance, and SWMBO's birthday and Xmas are both coming up. Best laid plans and all that... Maybe it's a good thing in disguise and come January they'll be even cheaper :) 

10. TBK

TBK Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2012
    The local brick and mortar in Arlington Texas is selling the kit (14-42) at $593.95 out the door after Panasonic and in house rebates. Does make me wonder about a soon to come GX8 but that price is too good to pass up. Picking it up this eve...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.