1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX7 $100 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kshiz, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    If you haven't noticed the price on body and kit has been dropped $100. I got Amazon to credit me $100 immediately.

Just makes this camera an even sweeter deal.

Info is courtesy of www.43rumors.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    How did you get Amazon to credit you? It looks like I was billed the original price, mind had already shipped before the price drop hit :(

3. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I think if the price drops before it ships you can get them to credit. Not sure if you have already accepted delivery at that price.

4. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dang, Amazon are awesome -- I sent a support request by email asking about the situation, and got a response (and a promise that a refund would be credited!) within 20 minutes! Thanks to Kshiz for letting us know about the price drop :)

5. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

The E-P5 and kit also dropped, albeit only $50, both on Amazon and Olympus.com. Hopefully it turns into a price war between the GX7 and E-P5.

6. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Yup, just gotta email them. Gotta love Amazon.

7. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    I wrote Amazon about the price drop and not wanting to lose my spot in line for the pre-order and they credited me. Fingers crossed they ship today.

8. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

B&H also credited me on my preorder

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mu-43 mobile app

9. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    anyone's ship from Amazon yet? I'm worried changing my order to reflect the $100 may have kicked me out of place in line, even though I specifically asked them not to. It made me place the order again it looks like.

10. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    FYI - for those members in the CA Bay Area, Fireside in the city was it in stock and offers the reduced pricing until October 12th. I handled it this weekend and called about the price drop today. I'm holding out on the black showing up later but the price drop is making it hard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    I can't believe people are stupid enough to think that a $100 "discount" is anywhere near good enough to buy this camera/lens when it will be 50% of the price in 6 months. The frailty of the human brain! Mine arrives tomorrow :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Classic.

I do wonder how this price point will age. Should be more like a GH than a G, but time will tell.