GX7 $100 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kshiz, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    If you haven't noticed the price on body and kit has been dropped $100. I got Amazon to credit me $100 immediately.

Just makes this camera an even sweeter deal.

Info is courtesy of www.43rumors.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    How did you get Amazon to credit you? It looks like I was billed the original price, mind had already shipped before the price drop hit :( 

3. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I think if the price drops before it ships you can get them to credit. Not sure if you have already accepted delivery at that price.

4. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dang, Amazon are awesome -- I sent a support request by email asking about the situation, and got a response (and a promise that a refund would be credited!) within 20 minutes! Thanks to Kshiz for letting us know about the price drop :) 

5. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

The E-P5 and kit also dropped, albeit only $50, both on Amazon and Olympus.com. Hopefully it turns into a price war between the GX7 and E-P5.

6. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Yup, just gotta email them. Gotta love Amazon.

7. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    I wrote Amazon about the price drop and not wanting to lose my spot in line for the pre-order and they credited me. Fingers crossed they ship today.

8. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

B&H also credited me on my preorder

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mu-43 mobile app

9. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    anyone's ship from Amazon yet? I'm worried changing my order to reflect the $100 may have kicked me out of place in line, even though I specifically asked them not to. It made me place the order again it looks like.

10. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    FYI - for those members in the CA Bay Area, Fireside in the city was it in stock and offers the reduced pricing until October 12th. I handled it this weekend and called about the price drop today. I'm holding out on the black showing up later but the price drop is making it hard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    I can't believe people are stupid enough to think that a $100 "discount" is anywhere near good enough to buy this camera/lens when it will be 50% of the price in 6 months. The frailty of the human brain! Mine arrives tomorrow :p 

• Like Like x 2
  12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Classic.

I do wonder how this price point will age. Should be more like a GH than a G, but time will tell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.