GX2 sketches -- an EP5 killer?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by WT21, Jul 9, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
  2. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Looks good! I can't wait until the first confirmed specs

Sent from my Lenovo A820 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Looking at it more, it feels an aweful lot like a NEX6/7 hybrid. Wonder if it's just a "wish list" sketch from some random internet person
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    If this is close to the actual beast, I'm all in. I'll keep e-m5, get this as my lumix body to use with 7-14 and as my light weight kit, and get my GX1 converted to IR. Definitely what I've been waiting for. I tried out the E-P5 on the weekend, and even though it has two control wheels they are awkward to use, and it didn't feel comfortable in my hands. I opted for a black 75 vs the new E-P5. Just felt the E-M5 was a much better set up, and side by side the size difference is negligible and actually bigger once you add the VF-4( which is a necessity for me). Plus the focus peaking is really no easier to use than the work around for the OMD, AND 1/8000 alone is not enticing enough to shell out for a new body. This could be the the best across the board feature filled m4/3 body if it turns out to be true.
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I've told at least one person who was undecided on the E-P5 to hold to see how the GX2 pans out....
  6. suntoryjim

suntoryjim Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    My first thought was NEX-6. The body design and control layout looks very similar.

Nicely done, indeed.
  7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Looks very interesting indeed. If this turns out to be real, my budget will be in big trouble. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    my wallet is more than a little bit scared.
  9. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I think I've seen that mockup in real life before...

10. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm probably the few that don't want a built in EVF because of the bulge in the rear for the eye piece. Until they can build in an EVF that is flush on all sides (I don't know how), then maybe I'll consider.

GX2 looks like a fine camera but lack of 5-axis is what keeps me with Olympus.
  11. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    No it's not. It's a drawing Panasonic submitted to the EU Trade Marks & Design Office.

If the GX2 is indeed like this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  12. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Does anyone besides Olympus do IBIS? The rumor says this GX7 will have "built-in on sensor stabilization," will be interesting to see how it compares to Olympus' stabilization.
  13. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    just when I'm really enjoying my GX1! dang it!
  14. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
  15. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    So did/does Sony (just not in NEX).

If this submission is true, I'm excited. Even if it's not 5-axis, it's better than nothing. My concern is it gets stuck w/ the G6 sensor vs the GH3/E-M5 like sensor. It's not a huge difference, but I would like to have it. That and I'm afraid of a subpar EVF to fit it in a certain price envelope.
  16. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Panasonic has has IBIS on video cameras for quite a while, so it wont be new to them.
  17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  18. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I meant 5-axis is what keeps me with Oly... and the styling. If the GX2 has something similar to 5-axis then great. Now i can recommend 3 m43 cameras with 5-axis.
  19. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    I think it may look cool, I don't know. I reserve my judgement until a real unit comes out.
  20. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    1) The camera design goal was to take inspiration from the superbly designed Four Thirds L1 camera.
    2) The Sensor is a new 18 megapixel Bayer sensor. I am 100% sure this doens’t have the new organic tech devloped by Fuji-Panasonic. It’s still a long time to go before you wills ee that tech in a MFT camera
    3) It is the first Panasonic camera with in body stabilization. it is not as advanced as the Olympus 5 axis stabilization. This is a “normal” 2 axis IS.
    4) Pop up flash and titlable built-in EVF. There is still no info about the EVF resolution but an anonymous source told me it’s not the same GH3 viewfinder (FT2 for now).
    5) It also has a tilting LCD (resolution unknown).

GX7 image and specs roundup. Do you like the design? | 43 Rumors