1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 with 14mm and 20mm - need a travel bag/case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by homebrewdude, Nov 4, 2012.

1. homebrewdude

homebrewdude Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2012
    Any thoughts on a bag case for travel?

Never looked for such a small bag before?
    Cloth type Domke is ok.

2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
  3. panyuser

panyuser Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2011
    I have the GX1 with 14mm, 20mm, 45mm, and LVF2.

I use a small padded box thing I got from eBay: there are tons of "camera bag inserts" available. It fits the camera and lenses well, and then easily goes into my backpack.

If I was to buy it again, I'd probably try to find one slightly wider (just measure your stuff). The camera with the 45mm and hood, and viewfinder, doesn't fit. I have to remove the viewfinder. (This isn't an issue with the 20mm or 14mm, since they're so slim.)

4. homebrewdude

homebrewdude Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2012
    That Gariz bag is nice
    A little pricey

5. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    $100 is a good chunk of change, but its also pretty standard for camera bags.

6. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Ive used this tamrac micro for a couple months now with my GX1 and various lenses including the 20mm and its worked great! Im starting to collect more gear so Im using a larger bag now, but its great for grab and go.

Im willing to part with it if your looking for a cheaper option. Mine is solid black. Retail $37.95

[​IMG]

7. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    Lowepro Edit 100

For a very compact setup like that, you could get away with the Lowepro Edit 100, which is what I use.

My kit consists of the E-PM1, Sigma 30/2.8 with aftermarket hood, and Panasonic 14/2.5. All of the above, including the small flash, spare battery, Olympus 'pleather' neck strap (detached), and lens & body cap fit just right.

I'd imagine that with a dual pancake lens setup, you'd be able to squeeze it all in.

Most of the time though, I leave the bag at home and wear the camera and put a spare lens and spare battery in my pocket.

8. dnightingale

dnightingale Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    I use a Domke F-5XB for my 'lite' travel bag. Perfect for 1 Mirrorless + 3 lenses (One on body), or two lenses and Flash.

I use it for my E-M5 or GX1 with any combination of my lenses or FL600r

The bag is a great build quality with a comfortable strap. I also have a Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Bag which is equally as high quality and possibly more functional, though a very different style.

The Domke F-5XB was $82 for the brown ($77 for other fabrics) here in Australia which I think is fantastic value.

Domke F-5XB Shoulder/Belt Bag | cheapest sale prices in Australia | buy online from DD Photographics

The Crumpler is a bit more expensive at $90, though may be cheaper outside Australia.

4 Million Dollar Home

My favourite though is the Domke

Domke1.
    Domke2.
    Domke3.

9. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
  10. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    For that setup I use the Panasonic bag I got from for free when buying the camera.
    It has two room setup, so one can fit the camera with lens attached and the other can be used for the lens.
    If you're fine with stacking the lens on each others, you could go with 14/20/45(1.8) setup in it. Or, the 14-42 PZ.

But it doesn't have any extra pocket.