GX1 time lapse

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by aznmochamike, Apr 7, 2013.

1. aznmochamike

aznmochamike Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    Hi everyone... i was able to find a seller who is selling his GX1 for a good price and wanted to use it for time lapse... i know that the camera itself doesn't offer this feature but then has anyone done it before and what intervalometer did you use? thank you:smile:
  2. dtainer

dtainer New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2012
    I am using Triggertrap Mobile with my iPhone. It uses a dongle that plugs into the iPhone, and then you purchase the adapter that works with the GX1. Here is my first timelapse using this setup:
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/62753480"]A New York Minuet[/ame]

There might be others, but for $20 (the mobile dongle plus the adapter--the iphone/android app is free), it's hard to beat.

Triggertrap Website

I got mine on sale at amazon. There's currently a 15% off promotion if you go to facebook and like their page or something like that. No, I'm not afiliated with them in any way--just saw this while I was doing timelapse research when I bought my Panasonic GF2. Unfortunately, that camera didn't have a remote trigger. The GX1 and G3 do (and so do some of the others in the series--probably all use the same trigger).

I can't wait to try more of the features, actually.
  3. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    A quick look on ebay and you should find one that should suit your needs depending on how much you want to spend the one I got for my Pany was by Pixel and works fine. I think they even have a wireless version now sit one part in the flash hotshoe and plug it in and then near by.