1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX1 time lapse

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by aznmochamike, Apr 7, 2013.

1. aznmochamike

aznmochamike Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    Hi everyone... i was able to find a seller who is selling his GX1 for a good price and wanted to use it for time lapse... i know that the camera itself doesn't offer this feature but then has anyone done it before and what intervalometer did you use? thank you:smile:

2. dtainer

dtainer New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2012
    I am using Triggertrap Mobile with my iPhone. It uses a dongle that plugs into the iPhone, and then you purchase the adapter that works with the GX1. Here is my first timelapse using this setup:
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/62753480"]A New York Minuet[/ame]

There might be others, but for $20 (the mobile dongle plus the adapter--the iphone/android app is free), it's hard to beat.

Triggertrap Website

I got mine on sale at amazon. There's currently a 15% off promotion if you go to facebook and like their page or something like that. No, I'm not afiliated with them in any way--just saw this while I was doing timelapse research when I bought my Panasonic GF2. Unfortunately, that camera didn't have a remote trigger. The GX1 and G3 do (and so do some of the others in the series--probably all use the same trigger).

I can't wait to try more of the features, actually.

3. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    A quick look on ebay and you should find one that should suit your needs depending on how much you want to spend the one I got for my Pany was by Pixel and works fine. I think they even have a wireless version now sit one part in the flash hotshoe and plug it in and then near by.