GX1, some strange... questions

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Simone, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    Dear all,
    I have bought a GX1 one month ago. It seems a very good camera, well built, especially for the price (249 us $).

Some questions:

a) There's a way to modify the MODE (M, S, A, P) of a Custom Mode leaving other parameters untouched?

b) There's a way to force the flash to give only one lamp instead of two? I have a very basic slave flash...

c) Why I can't choose time and aperture with my manual lens and have the camera to choose only an adequate ISO? In manual mode the AUTO ISO and INTELLIGENT ISO aren't available!!!

d) I can't zoom in using EX mode when shooting a movie. Why?

e) Info about the enigmatic "Intelligent Resolution" function?

f) There's a way to digitally zoom on the LCD automatically when half pressing the shutter button, to check the manual focus?

Thanks!

Simone
    Roma, Italia

2. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    D). You choose ETC extra tele conversion mode in menu before you start recording and it doubles your focal length.so, 14-42 becomes 28-84.

3. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    D) It seems that in full HD, the ETC (EX) function is not available. It's a little strange because 1920 pixels are less than half of the full sensor. Why?!

4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Yes, I think you are right. I usually use 720p so I forget about that, but I do remember seeing that.

5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    No but you can tell it to automatically zoom when half pressing the shutter AND turning/touching the focus ring on your lens.

Menu : Spanner C, page four : MF-Assist (I think?)

Chow.

6. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    I have a manual focus lens. :-(

7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    (I'm actually using a G3, very similar camera)
    I just spent five minutes trying to find a way to assign zoom to a FN button for use with manual focus lenses : I failed!
    The sub-menu for assigning functions to FN1 or FN2 does not include the focus-assist zoom option. What's all that about?
    :(

Need someone to step in here and give us a solution ASAP.

8. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia

Actually I have to push the left arrow button to enter the zoom function, then the SET button the confirm the area (usually at the center), and finally fine-focus my lens, then press the shutter release button to shot the picture. An autozoom assigned to a half-depression of the shutter button would be so useful!! Or a fn button... OUCH, yes, we can press the wheel to activate the zoom! Not bad!!