1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX1, some strange... questions

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Simone, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    Dear all,
    I have bought a GX1 one month ago. It seems a very good camera, well built, especially for the price (249 us $).

Some questions:

a) There's a way to modify the MODE (M, S, A, P) of a Custom Mode leaving other parameters untouched?

b) There's a way to force the flash to give only one lamp instead of two? I have a very basic slave flash...

c) Why I can't choose time and aperture with my manual lens and have the camera to choose only an adequate ISO? In manual mode the AUTO ISO and INTELLIGENT ISO aren't available!!!

d) I can't zoom in using EX mode when shooting a movie. Why?

e) Info about the enigmatic "Intelligent Resolution" function?

f) There's a way to digitally zoom on the LCD automatically when half pressing the shutter button, to check the manual focus?

Thanks!

Simone
    Roma, Italia

2. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    D). You choose ETC extra tele conversion mode in menu before you start recording and it doubles your focal length.so, 14-42 becomes 28-84.

3. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    D) It seems that in full HD, the ETC (EX) function is not available. It's a little strange because 1920 pixels are less than half of the full sensor. Why?!

4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Yes, I think you are right. I usually use 720p so I forget about that, but I do remember seeing that.

5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    No but you can tell it to automatically zoom when half pressing the shutter AND turning/touching the focus ring on your lens.

Menu : Spanner C, page four : MF-Assist (I think?)

Chow.

6. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    I have a manual focus lens. :-(

7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    (I'm actually using a G3, very similar camera)
    I just spent five minutes trying to find a way to assign zoom to a FN button for use with manual focus lenses : I failed!
    The sub-menu for assigning functions to FN1 or FN2 does not include the focus-assist zoom option. What's all that about?
    :(

Need someone to step in here and give us a solution ASAP.

8. Simone

Simone Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia

Actually I have to push the left arrow button to enter the zoom function, then the SET button the confirm the area (usually at the center), and finally fine-focus my lens, then press the shutter release button to shot the picture. An autozoom assigned to a half-depression of the shutter button would be so useful!! Or a fn button... OUCH, yes, we can press the wheel to activate the zoom! Not bad!!