GX1 Photos

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by nicholasswan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. nicholasswan

nicholasswan Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    Panasonic GX1 with Summitar f=5cm 1:2

Panasonic GX1 with Olympus M. Zuiko 45mm f/1.8

Panasonic GX1 with Summitar f=5cm 1:2

Today was my first time out shooting with the GX1 and it was a really fun experience. I did find myself wishing I had the LVF2 but that should be here next week. If your thinking about getting this camera. I would say go for it. It is a lot funner to shoot than my NEX-5 was and is a lot faster. Focusing speed is just amazing and having designated buttons is really nice. It was also simple and quick to get used to having a resistive touch screen. I have no gruff with this camera so far. And i don't think there will be any.

The Olympus 45mm is an amazing lens and today was my first day using it. Thank you fellow mu-43 member (Jdumas) . It was really fun.
    • Like Like x 11
  2. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hauki

Hauki Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Some great shots, love the feel of the second one.
  4. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

The second shot I think is great with the books framing the sign from the Sam Wellers rare book shop.

One from inside where we got some good coffee.

EPM1 with Leica Summarit 5cm f2.0 @ 2.8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010

A splendid start with your new GX1! :thumbup:
  6. Eggradio

Eggradio Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011

I love this shot and shots like them. There is really a story here. He's got very pale skin too, which certainly draws the eye.

Did you notice your camera in the reflection of the window?
  7. nicholasswan

nicholasswan Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    I did notice the reflection. I am happy it is there. I am glad I could be a part of the photo on 2 ways . Thanks to James for letting me use that sweet oly 45!
  8. DJG

DJG Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Watertown, MA
    All taken through a Panasonic 20MM f1.7

• Like Like x 1
  9. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    I've one on the way I plan on marrying to my 20mm, shotgun if necessary!:eek: