1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 on Panasonic website

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by soundimageplus, Nov 5, 2011.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looks good! The EVF doesn't look bad either!

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Looks GREAT!

4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Indeed, somewhat better in the flesh than the rumours. Looks very nice, love the steel grey two tone look. Hopefully the EVF is as good as it looks as well.

5. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    All looks good except for the lens. I guess they've done it for video use but one of the worst things about a typical compact camera is not having a zoom ring, in my opinion of course.

6. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    That guy is like me - all of this horizons tilted! And at 1:10 or so it looks like he's bringing the camera up to his eye even though the EVF isn't attached LOL!

Seriously though, looks like a nice body..

7. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Yes he keeps lifting the camera to his face with no EVF, looks silly.

8. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    More buttons than the G3 which is nice. Depending on the body price with the new EVF, I may get one.

9. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    It seem pretty equivalent to the e-p3. Hopefully the price is better.

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That guy must have a super duper eye to focus on the LCD that close!

That aside, it looks like a nice machine. If it's got a new sensor maybe it one of them will live in my house.

11. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Looks awesome, much better than I expected from the earlier image leaks.

I am really curious on what they did with the processing engine for high ISO... anything new or just better/more aggressive NR.

12. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Daayuum, there's no reason to consider looks anymore in the e-p3 vs gx1. The gunmetal silver is so pretty.
    16mp sensor and in-built bounce flash beat ibis easily. Looks like what the GF2 should have been. If it follows from from the GF2>GF3 progression, we may be able to see 1/2-2/3 stop high iso improvement.
    A viewfinder that stylistically matches the body is icing on the cake.

13. Like the "GF-1 style", but a bit disappointed. Was looking for a quality built in EVF. Would have gladly given up the built in flash for an EVF and having a free hot-shoe for the option of an external flash.

14. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Looks great..way better than in the leaked shots. Sigh expensive I bet. Good thing m43 bodies seem to drop in price 50% per year lol.

15. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Guys, this is the G3 sensor, and probably processing. You're going to see at least 1 stop, maybe 1.5, over any of the 1 or 2 series cams (except the GH2)

16. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like it, but I wish Panasonic would have more foresight in creating a universal design and system concept. They now have a GF3, GX1, G3 and GH2. I think they should keep the GF3, combine the GX1 and G3 and make it a built-in EVF rangefinder style camera and then beef up the GH3 as a pro grade DSLR. If I'm a consumer I'll be scratching my head on whether I want a G3 or GX1? In fact I'd probably dump the G3 if I were Panasonic.

17. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    They want you to buy both! :biggrin:

18. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    At least Panasonic's lens lineup is solid. In fact I'd say they got the best mirrorless lenses right now. They just can't figure out a unified direction when it comes to cameras!

19. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Why would Panasonic dump it's most successful model?

Anyway, looks like a solid cam and will probably make its way into my body. Pity about the video though :eek:

20. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    I mean OVER the G3. The GF3 improved on the GF2 sensor by a bit. Hopefully the GX1 will improve on the G3 sensor.