1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 losing time setting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by garryf, Mar 2, 2012.

1. garryf

garryf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    Anyone else having this problem?

If I don't use the camera for a few days it then asks me to set the time when turning on.

i.e. used camera last saturday night for 100+ pics, unloaded it sunday, picked it up today and battery is flat and time lost

Battery wise I've two batteries, the orginal and an OEM spare

Thrid time I've had to do this since I got it in january, it's a real pain if I suddenly want to take a camera and need to spend few mins setting time and date :(

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have not noticed this with mine or read of it - I have 2 batterries, both Panasonic and use camera at weekend then not until next weekend - still holds previous date/time info and a good charge level.

If the problem is with both batterries it sounds like a short in camera somewhere, if only one then probably a battery problem.

3. garryf

garryf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    thanks for that, I guess I'll mark the batteries and see if it's them or the camera

4. panyuser

panyuser Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2011
    I suspect the batteries too; my GX1 has no such issues.

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    The camera should retain its date and time for reasonable periods of time even with the battery out. At least my Canon's always did. I'll have to take the batteries out of my various m43 bodies and see what happens.