GX1 ISO160 images

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pawzitiv, Dec 10, 2011.

1. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Now that I'm satisfied that my new GX1 out-performs my GF1 at higher sensitivities, I set my GX1 to ISO160 before heading out on a neighbourhood walk/shoot. I wanted to see how the GX1 behaves at base ISO .. here are the results (all with the 25 mm f/1.4 lens):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20111210GX1P1000088LR-1-X2.

[​IMG]

20111210GX1P1000097LR-1-X2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, I am very pleased with the way the GX1 sensor renders an image. I also find that, just like the GF1, the GX1 RAW files are very malleable and hold up well in post-processing. Should you care to see these images full-size or post-processed versions, please see the first page of my :43: gallery on my website (image viewing size is user-selectable via the pop out menu in the upper right of each image):
    Micro Four-Thirds - Intveld Images - Fine Art Photography

• Like Like x 14
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Looks like it's behaving rather well.

3. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Wow! Nice shots. Those almost look like Olympus colors. Much richer than I expected to see.

Also enjoyed your gallery. Didn't realize you could embed Smugmug into your own web site. I'll have to investigate that further!

Thanks for your post! :cool: 

4. nicholasswan

nicholasswan Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    awesome. I am loving what I am seeing from the GX1. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

5. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Thanks, Bob.

I always shoot RAW+JPG so I am at liberty to dial in any colour correction or saturation I see fit. Still, for these GX1 images, I didn't touch the colours or white balance whatsoever.

I'm quite sure it's not possible to embed SmugMug into a personal website. What you see is my SmugMug presence with several weeks worth of customization applied (and I never wanted to learn anything about HTML or CSS code). Sheesh!

6. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Sorry to revive this thread, but:
    Nice base ISO image quality, but how does it (i.e. the GX1/G3 sensor) hold up against the GH2?
    Is the GH2 sensor still the best m43 when it comes to high signal-to-noise ratio + good DR at base ISO?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.