1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 ISO160 images

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pawzitiv, Dec 10, 2011.

1. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Now that I'm satisfied that my new GX1 out-performs my GF1 at higher sensitivities, I set my GX1 to ISO160 before heading out on a neighbourhood walk/shoot. I wanted to see how the GX1 behaves at base ISO .. here are the results (all with the 25 mm f/1.4 lens):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20111210GX1P1000088LR-1-X2.

[​IMG]

20111210GX1P1000097LR-1-X2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, I am very pleased with the way the GX1 sensor renders an image. I also find that, just like the GF1, the GX1 RAW files are very malleable and hold up well in post-processing. Should you care to see these images full-size or post-processed versions, please see the first page of my :43: gallery on my website (image viewing size is user-selectable via the pop out menu in the upper right of each image):
    Micro Four-Thirds - Intveld Images - Fine Art Photography

• Like Like x 14
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Looks like it's behaving rather well.

3. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Wow! Nice shots. Those almost look like Olympus colors. Much richer than I expected to see.

Also enjoyed your gallery. Didn't realize you could embed Smugmug into your own web site. I'll have to investigate that further!

Thanks for your post! :cool:

4. nicholasswan

nicholasswan Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    awesome. I am loving what I am seeing from the GX1. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

5. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Thanks, Bob.

I always shoot RAW+JPG so I am at liberty to dial in any colour correction or saturation I see fit. Still, for these GX1 images, I didn't touch the colours or white balance whatsoever.

I'm quite sure it's not possible to embed SmugMug into a personal website. What you see is my SmugMug presence with several weeks worth of customization applied (and I never wanted to learn anything about HTML or CSS code). Sheesh!

6. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Sorry to revive this thread, but:
    Nice base ISO image quality, but how does it (i.e. the GX1/G3 sensor) hold up against the GH2?
    Is the GH2 sensor still the best m43 when it comes to high signal-to-noise ratio + good DR at base ISO?