GX1 in the studio

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Iansky, May 10, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Fantastic Ian .Love this article . See how people are finally recognising strengths of MFT system.I have been repeatedly saying that most of the photographers overrate DSLRs and underrate MFT but things are changing .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I agree Bhupinder,

There were quite a few Pro photogs using the GF1 and I remember an article that stated Vogue magazine has used GF1 images in a past issue.

I suspect that with the upgrade to the GX1 we can expect to see more Commercial images appearing in magazines shot with the GX1.

I know that the images I get from my GX1+25mm combo can certainly hold their own against many larger sensored cameras.

These improvements do make me eager to see how Panasonic will respond following their statement about the pending "Very, very high quality" camera they are working on and how it will compare to the OMD.

All in all a good time for all

4. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Nice share! Micro 4/3rds is a silent revolution but I'm working hard to push it out in the open as I think more and more pros and serious photographers will be switching over.

Many of my friends that shoot told me they love shooting M43 and that doing so is making them rethink how they use their big cameras. Some even told me that photography is fun again.

A friend of mine Jeff Newton shoots with the GF1 along with his Canon kit and love it. Check out his work you'll dig it - Jeff Newton Photography

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I am also hoping the same . Lets hope Panny offers us a nice competitor to OMD and at the end we have two high end cameras to choose from . I am still lusting for GX1 as I don't have a panny camera. I wanna keep one panny body .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nameer

Nameer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    Great article Ian, thanks for sharing.