GX1 in stock now

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by DIS Ottawa, Dec 6, 2011.

1. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I was playing with one yesterday at The Camera Store when I was getting some stuff and it feels amazing in the hands. The new grip is perfect the since I use a GF1 it just feels like a newer, better, slightly smaller version, Oh and the new EVF is way better than the EVF on my GF1. I tried it with my 45/1.8 and it was fast and the new X14/42 is an ok little lens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    So the GX1 bodies should start hitting the US next week?

4. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I played with it also. Trying to resist! Very good improvement over my GF1.

5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Here's hoping I get 750$ in my stocking for a new body..

6. benjs

benjs New to Mu-43

Dec 7, 2011
    Same with Vistek and The Camera Store in Canada as well - the issue is that the production of the X 14-42mm lens as both a stand-alone product and as shipped in a kit with the GX1 are both not to be delivered until January from my understanding, due to flooding issues in Thailand. It's a shame, I've been researching this camera for so long, selling myself more and more on it, but it seems like they're really backed up in the production of this lens. Shame, because the GF3s can be found with the kit lens on it at the moment.

7. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    Isn't that lens meant to have problems with the OIS? I am trying to figure out whether to buy the body only or get it with the kit lens too.. have to wait for January for the later option.

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    All these first production X lenses have shody OIS. I bet they got rushed into production before properly being troubleshooted.

9. ahson

ahson Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 24, 2011
    Got one from Vistek today. The sales rep said they just got them in yesterday.

10. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    LUCKY!! my local camera shops don't have it yet :(
    I can't wait to see it and test it out though.

11. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

I was in one of the local Henry's picking up something else, and asked if they had the GX1 in stock. The salesman pulled one off the display and handed it to me to play with. They didn't have any of the new X lenses but did have stock of the bodies.

I guess they're arriving everywhere now.

It seemed a nice body but didn't really tempt me, given I have an E-P3. I did pop my PL 25mm on it to check for the rattlesnake and heard nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Good to know.

13. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

Yeah, it's nice not to have the rattlesnake but not worth $750 to me.

14. smiclalef427

smiclalef427 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2011
    GX1 Silver Body, GX1 Silver or Black w/ 14-42 kit (NOT PZ) now in Stock at Samys.com . I'm shocked everyone is not all over this yet. The Black Body only (now unavailable) is on a Fed Ex truck to me currently!:smile: Just got the tracking number!

15. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    if it were compatible w/ the old EVF, I think I would have bought it already. I need to have an EVF, so I got the G3 earlier... and assumed the new one would cost a bundle I did not want to pay. Also, all these GH2 deals are tempting me if I can get them.

16. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    guys, which one do you prefer on actual look? the gray (silver) or the black?

17. gfspencer

gfspencer Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    North Carolina
    I already have a GF-1. If I buy the black GX-1 my wife will not notice. If I get the gray one she will. :biggrin:

18. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    good thinking. :biggrin:

19. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    LOL ... just tell her it is a new protective skin.

G

20. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I was thinking the same thing. "Look honey, I got a new $20 stick-on grip for my little camera." Just don't use the touch functions when she's looking. That's a pretty hard to explain upgrade.