1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GX1 in P mode

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by phil_gx1, Aug 25, 2012.

1. phil_gx1

phil_gx1 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    I'm trying to get a sense of how to use this camera and it was suggested i begin with P mode and adjust aperture and/or shtter speed to see the effects of each.
    The manual indicates that in P mode if the shutter is pressed halfway the display will show the current aperture and shutter speed settings, however, that's not happening for me even when I press the rear button. I seem to be going into (and out of) exposure compensation when I press the button.
    Anyone have suggestions?

Using the kit HFS014042 lens

2. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    you have to cycle through the "DISP." button on the right-hand side until you see the exposure settings on the LCD.

3. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    I think you mean the thumbwheel? Pressing that in alternates between exposure compensation and aperture/shutter speed. When in the correct mode you rotate it left or right to change settings. To alter the info views there is a button that you press (lower right of the thumbwheel I think) and this shows (not alters) the settings.
    JohnyT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.