1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX1 importing RAW/JPG pairs into Aperture issues?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by chip, May 12, 2012.

1. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Just did a shoot today where I saved both RAW and JPGs. Importing just the JPGs was fine, but when I went back to import just the RAWs, they import with a heavy green tint to them. I then noticed that my adjustments panel had the message: "this photo was adjusted using an earlier version of Apple's RAW processing."

Anybody else have this issue?

UPDATE: see my last post for a link to a fix. This appears to be related to the recent OSX 10.7.4 upgrade release.

• Like Like x 1
  2. las Palm as

las Palm as Mu-43 Regular

3. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Apparently it's doing even when I just shoot in RAW. It always worked fine until today.

4. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I remember Aperture having a really bad problem with GH2 raw files for a while, similar green tint IIRC, but they fixed it before too long. Sounds like with their new system update they might have unintentionally reverted to the same problem with Pany raw files? I'm sure they'll fix it soon but its really aggravating while its going on. Sounds like that Snoop Dogg fix does what Apple will eventually get around to doing, so I'd jump on that...

-Ray

6. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    @Ray and others - that fix by Snoop Dogg definitely worked. As he mentions, however, when you copy and past the text, an inadvertent space will need to be deleted.

7. Lumixy

Lumixy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Thanks so much for highlighting this Chip. :2thumbs: You honestly made my day. Spent ages trying to resolve this problem.

I have a GX1 too and came across the same problem with Aperture. I got a bit of a shock when my pictures turned out green a couple of days ago :eek: Was wrecking my head!!!

I've been a fan of Snoop Dogg AKA Snoop Doggy Dogg for years but never knew he was also good with Mac problems :biggrin:

Just posting the file path for other users of the forum (white space removed):

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -R /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lumixy

Lumixy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    I discovered something else that is not working...

On the camera I set the pictures to monochrome in the "Picture Style" setting function. I also had modified the contrast.

When the photos are imported they are appearing in color. It's annoying but what has me wondering is there other settings getting "lost" when the photos are imported. For example i.Resolution or i.Dynamic... :confused:

I think I might resort to Adobe DNG Converter until the problem is resolved (if that ever happens).

Anyone else notice this problem?

9. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Lumixy, if you're saving in RAW format, the photos will import in color even if you have your camera set on black & white. If this is what you're saying happened, then that's perfectly normal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lumixy

Lumixy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Damn it :rofl:

No wonder! Well that sorts that out. A bit disappointing the settings can't be carried over with RAW.

Thanks very much for the reply Chip. Saved me a lot of messing about :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1