1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GX1 Delamination fix?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Touni, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Touni

Touni Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2015
    Hello!
    Unfortunately for my first post I have to ask you a question about my camera problem.

We all know that GX1 has a delaminating problem and screen starts to have weird spots on it. But I would like to know, if anyone tried to do this. For about 20$ on ebay you can order new touch screen glass for GX1, and since it is a resistive touch screen there is a big possibility that touch screen glass and display are not glued together.

What I want to know is will this fix delaminating problem? Or delamination is happening somewhere on a part od a display that is below touch screen glass.

I am talking about this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LCD-Tou...hash=item3cefe7a536:m:mqZkl6a0FqVPgowWI2BKsbA,

Sorry for such long post, and possibly bad english since it is not my native language.

Thanks!

2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

I know of three people who said they had this problem, and all three discovered that the "spots" were easily removed by cleaning the screen.

To answer your question, I've personally replaced two LCD's that were accidentally cracked. The panel comes out as one piece, and I saw no way to separate it. Unless you have some experience servicing cameras, I'd highly recommend having it done by someone who knows how to do it. The flexible cables are very thin, and the connectors can be easily damaged.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Touni

Touni Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2015
    Hi, thanks for the answer.
    Well to be honest I only changed a couple of displays on different mobile phones, but my friend is a electronic and he has his own service center so he would be the one who will change the touch screen glass free of charge. I am just afraid that there is no way to separate the display from touchscreen. I will see if i will change the display because it is only cosmetical thing not functional, but i hate when i take care of things and they just go bad by themself. Btw i tried to clean the display number of times but nothing happened.

4. Touni

Touni Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2015
    Soo, i did the proposition from the first post and it didnt go as it supposed to. The problem is that the touch screen and display flat cables are glued together with some kind of industrial tape, and they were soldered. When i puled the tape, i broke the soldering pins for touchscreen, and i knew that touchscreen wont work. Now i got a new display without a scratch, but touchscreen doesnt work. :D

If someone wants to try a replace touchscreen this is the easiest way and it's no problem at all.

LCD Screen Display For Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Camera With Backlight + Touch

You just take out the whole touchscreen and put this one without any problem. You can find service manual online and if you have any electronic experience you can do this.